Airport.

Billy kettlefish

19 minutes ago, Nellie said:

I think we all cut Crookall a fair amount of slack when he was appointed, as Baker and Black had left him with numerous crocks of shit, around every corner. But after four months, the honeymoon is over, and he really needs to get on top of the miriad of issues at the Airport.

We need a director this time ,who knows something about aviation, not the team of no marks who have been running the place ! 

Edited by asitis
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, asitis said:

We need a director this time ,who knows something about aviation, not the team of no marks who have been running the place ! 

Agreed , what can be so difficult to have a operational supervisor or manager who's job it is to make sure the airport and facilities are fit for purpose. Basic business and operational sense I would have thought . Clearly we havent got one or someone is getting paid and not doing their  job. Wouldn't surprise me tbh .  

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Nellie said:

I think we all cut Crookall a fair amount of slack when he was appointed, as Baker and Black had left him with numerous crocks of shit, around every corner. But after four months, the honeymoon is over, and he really needs to get on top of the miriad of issues at the Airport.

He can start by firstly asking the question WTF is that clown Spake doing anywhere near the management of an airport?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7

49 minutes ago, asitis said:

It would be interesting to see what Ms Reynolds lists as her achievements whilst in post here and what condition she thinks she has left her former airport in after splurging £100m+? 

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:
43 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

as her achievements whilst in post here and what condition she thinks she has left her former airport in after splurging £100m+? 

Do I win ?

Actually that's unfair, there is the multiple revenue earning car parks for the 2 million passengers a year ! and the huge choice of European destinations and indeed UK destinations.

Absolute premier league bullshitter, no wonder she ran rings around our muppets !

Edited by asitis
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

This really pisses me off.

One of my grandchildren needs an ambulift to get on and off the plane and in the UK it could not be better, here its a fucking shambles that you would find a better service in a dictator run African country 30 years ago.

Physically lifting wheelchair bound persons stopped being okay about 20 years ago in the civilised world, why do we still have this shit and Moorhouse wants to spunk 5 million on a boat....................

Better spent on something like this, you never know when you or your nearest and dearest will need one.

So you're suggesting that the problem with the airport is that they haven't spent enough money?  The housing for the Peggy is another topic, but we mustn't give them the excuse that what is really needed is more money to spend on whatever the latest toy they fancy is.

As it happens "Mobility assistance is currently provided at the Airport by Menzies Aviation on behalf of all the airlines" they clearly have the ability to do so most of the time so why there should be these distressing gaps is for them to explain.  Of course the people, who should be holding them to account are the Airport management, but no doubt they would be quick to tell you it is nothing to do with them.  This is why these people are so keen on privatisation.

Been no ambulift since June.

They bought a new one from Spain but it was a wreck! - Those were the words from a family member working in Govt. 

It certainly isn’t the same airport it used to be.  It’s a shadow of its former self 

Also when are they getting rid of the remaining bit of the vaccination hub? 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Like the one in Germany...?

Weirdly I can’t find the google entries about it anymore. The one detailing certain personell decisions. It’s almost like they were removed. 

11 hours ago, asitis said:

Do I win ?

Actually that's unfair, there is the multiple revenue earning car parks for the 2 million passengers a year ! and the huge choice of European destinations and indeed UK destinations.

Absolute premier league bullshitter, no wonder she ran rings around our muppets !

Come on, that’s not hard. A five year old could run rings around our muppets. Car Parks on the island seem to be the big money spinner. I believe the car park at the Old Bus Station site, which is now back in use housing the car park from beside the Imperial Buildings, has done quite well. Car Parking at the airport though is still free.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

Weirdly I can’t find the google entries about it anymore. The one detailing certain personell decisions. It’s almost like they were removed. 

Yes, the front page of the German newspapers throwing her out of a job used to be online, strangely its disappeared !

However did we fall for these two !!

17 hours ago, Cypman said:

What’s wrong with the Ambulift ?  It was neither available on 20 December nor yesterday,which makes getting off an Airbus quite some chore.

Ah, well the DOI are just drawing up plans for a terminal extension equipped with some jet/air bridges to solve this issue.