Airport.

Billy kettlefish

14 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

As someone whose family uses the airport quite often and I do myself once in a while.

Can I ask you - Do you see a disaster happening and the report saying that the signs were all there that this could happen?

The fact that the airport is under special measures or whatever the aviation equivalent is, that fills me with fear.

Do you see a disaster coming at Gatwick which is understaffed?

You don’t half talk bollocks & most doubt you’ve even got family members here or even travel!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Nellie said:

They chose to take the hit on two lots of disgruntled passengers and the associated costs, rather than have plane and crew out of position the next day. 

You may be right that as reduced schedules give them a bit more slack in the system, they will be more willing to operate one way, if circumstances require it. 

EasyJet Holidays is now a very important part of their business and so, in the height of summer, prioritising flights filled with EasyJet Holidays customers is going to be what they do. It’s expensive to put up two lots of IOM passengers for a night but if someone loses their entire holiday it’s a whole new ball game.

As the summer holiday traffic dies down, their priorities may well change.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, newaccount said:

Where's the evidence to support that claim?

It's widely noted elsewhere.

All easyjet flights for a period next year only available to book as holidays right now and not yet released for flight only.

They have seen the success of Jet2s model and are leaning heavily on the holidays business.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

It's widely noted elsewhere.

All easyjet flights for a period next year only available to book as holidays right now and not yet released for flight only.

They have seen the success of Jet2s model and are leaning heavily on the holidays business.

The holiday business will go great with their current flight cancellation record. They won't be able to leave people high and dry when they are providing a package holiday.

I won't be rushing to book.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, newaccount said:

Where's the evidence to support that claim?

It’s widely reported that, having seen Jet2’s success, EasyJet are after a share of the cake. As noted above, flights next year to many destinations have only been released to Holidays customers so far.

In practical terms, the flights with Holidays package holiday customers will be prioritised. Because of package holiday regulations the costs of cancelling their flights are much much higher to EasyJet.

1 hour ago, Ringy Rose said:

Which is why flights without those passengers, such as the IOM flights, are the first to get cancelled.

Do you think they carry lots of easyJet holidays passengers to places like Belfast, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Jersey? Many evenings, these have been consistently prioritised ahead of IOM flights, even though there are multiple daily flights to all of these, and we often only have one flight?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, newaccount said:

image.thumb.png.23e938652edecc827e4855fcc822a2f9.png

I’m not sure if you’re agreeing or disagreeing?

As your screenshot shows, when they can’t rebook a Holidays customer the whole holiday gets refunded. Presumably EasyJet will still have to pay the hotel though. For context, my last family holiday in Ibiza cost £5000. No wonder these flights get prioritised.

12 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Many evenings, these have been consistently prioritised ahead of IOM flights, even though there are multiple daily flights to all of these

Most of those airports don’t have the same time restrictions we do though, or already plan a night stop.

The last time I took the late Gatwick flight it was a plane that was supposed to be going to Belfast but they stepped it up. That was a while ago mind- funnily enough, I avoid the late Gatwick.

Edited by Ringy Rose