Airport.

Billy kettlefish

1 hour ago, CrazyDave said:

It’s entirely down to the clocks.  

Bullshit. The morning flight from/to Gatwick, which only operates on selected days during the Winter, is at exactly the same time as it is in the Summer. If this crap that you and Cobb are peddling is true, then why isn't that an hour earlier?

Then, there are several days when there are afternoon flights from/to Gatwick which are at totally different times to the Summer. 

It is simply a different schedule, for a different season and a different market. I'm with @John Wright on this. It is just some made up nonsense from the Airport management.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

No because in that instance complaining will probably get you a result, and the lack of chips is completely in their control.

Do you see the difference?

No I absolutely don’t see the difference they are both providing a service . And in the case of the airline you pay for your ticket in advance so you provide the cash upfront you don’t even have to do that in a restaurant. Regardless once a company enters into a contract with you,  you should have every expectation that they provide the service - end of . We should not be so accepting of poor service standards in air travel and stop giving the airlines a pass . 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, IOM said:

So if you went into a restaurant and ordered fish and chips and the waiter appeared an hour later without the chips would you just say oh don’t worry it’s fine ? 

sounds like my experience of the 'shite tiger' in ramsey. 

1 hour ago, IOM said:

No I absolutely don’t see the difference they are both providing a service . And in the case of the airline you pay for your ticket in advance so you provide the cash upfront you don’t even have to do that in a restaurant. Regardless once a company enters into a contract with you,  you should have every expectation that they provide the service - end of . We should not be so accepting of poor service standards in air travel and stop giving the airlines a pass . 

If you can’t see why complaining in a restaurant when they bring you the wrong order is justified and worthwhile, while moaning at Ronaldsway about a delayed easyJet flight isn’t, then you have bigger problems than a flight being delayed.

There are laws, rules and regulations about airlines services and the compensation due to you if they don’t provide a decent service, but they rightly tend to absolve the airline of responsibility of it isn’t their fault?

What is the point of kicking off at someone at Ronaldsway or at EasyJet because Gatwick have ATC problems for example?  Shit happens.  If you are entitled to compensation then claim it.

Edited by CrazyDave

20 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

If you can’t see why complaining in a restaurant when they bring you the wrong order is justified and worthwhile, while moaning at Ronaldsway about a delayed easyJet flight isn’t, then you have bigger problems than a flight being delayed.

There are laws, rules and regulations about airlines services and the compensation due to you if they don’t provide a decent service, but they rightly tend to absolve the airline of responsibility of it isn’t their fault?

What is the point of kicking off at someone at Ronaldsway or at EasyJet because Gatwick have ATC problems for example?  Shit happens.  If you are entitled to compensation then claim it.

You just don’t get it do you . My point is I would expect the same level of service in both instances. I also think you are making a big assumption that delayed and cancelled flights are all outside of the airlines controls and I don’t believe they are in a lot of instances . And I never said I would kick off at the Menzies ground handlers I prefer to make my complaint direct with the airline and there are many ways you can do that . 

2 minutes ago, IOM said:

You just don’t get it do you . My point is I would expect the same level of service in both instances. I also think you are making a big assumption that delayed and cancelled flights are all outside of the airlines controls and I don’t believe they are in a lot of instances . And I never said I would kick off at the Menzies ground handlers I prefer to make my complaint direct with the airline and there are many ways you can do that . 

I don’t get your point at all.  Correct.

You clearly don’t get mine.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

I don’t get your point at all.  Correct.

You clearly don’t get mine.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

And one final thought for you. Take a look back at your posts over the last couple of days on this topic and see how many others agree with you and how many find what you are saying laughable. Maybe then consider that it’s your comments that quite a few people don’t get ! 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

Correct, and some of them get delayed.

No big drama.

150 a year is just under three a week.

That is one visit to the UK a week and of course some trips can be six or more flights.  Even Ireland will be via the UK so four flights for a meeting there through the winter.

There are hundreds of people who live on the island who do far more flights in a year than that if they are doing business in the UK and beyond.

So a mix of trips to the UK and further afield trips which can be eight or more flights for a couple of cities in Europe and you can rack up 150 by travelling not much more than twice a month.

And yet you still have time to post on here 24/7.......

Are you David Ashcroft?

1 hour ago, IOM said:

And one final thought for you. Take a look back at your posts over the last couple of days on this topic and see how many others agree with you and how many find what you are saying laughable. Maybe then consider that it’s your comments that quite a few people don’t get ! 

I concluded politely.

Maybe, just maybe, the majority of people on here are a bit odd and like to rant about a plane being late and blame the island and the airport when it’s a world wide issue?

I have visions of old people sat at their desktop computers all day.

as I said before when trying to draw a polite conclusion to things.

Enjoy the rest of your day (sat in front of your computer, ranting at airlines)

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

Say some third party, supplier or agency was preventing me from delivering a satisfactory service to my customers or clients who have paid in advance and thereby adversely affecting my reputation . I wouldn’t just shrug my shoulders and say “ not my problem guv”  to my customers I would try to resolve the underlying issue (s)

You have a very peculiar way of looking at this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Say some third party, supplier or agency was preventing me from delivering a satisfactory service to my customers or clients who have paid in advance and thereby adversely affecting my reputation . I wouldn’t just shrug my shoulders and say “ not my problem guv”  to my customers I would try to resolve the underlying issue (s)

You have a very peculiar way of looking at this.

In a restaurant you would put a sign up or advise people of the issue when they ordered and give them alternatives 

Trying to compare chips not being delivered with a meal with an airline who take bookings in advance and are reliant on so many external factor is insanity.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

In a restaurant you would put a sign up or advise people of the issue when they ordered and give them alternatives 

Trying to compare chips not being delivered with a meal with an airline who take bookings in advance and are reliant on so many external factor is insanity.

Indeed,

I have never been explicitly advised when booking a flight that it may or may not not . It is probably there in the small print but there is an expectation that when you book a flight it will depart. Obviously on occasion it won’t , but these occasions are becoming the norm. The fact you find this acceptable is frankly incredible,

I’ve never been given a warning by a restaurant that they may not be able to serve chips ( assuming they are on the menu)

Just about every enterprise is reliant on third parties to deliver as part of the service for which their customers pay them, for  be it a restaurant or an airline.

It is for them to manage those relationships so they can deliver what their customers have paid for

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Indeed,

I have never been explicitly advised when booking a flight that it may or may not not . It is probably there in the small print but there is an expectation that when you book a flight it will depart. Obviously on occasion it won’t , but these occasions are becoming the norm. The fact you find this acceptable is frankly incredible,

I’ve never been given a warning by a restaurant that they may not be able to serve chips ( assuming they are on the menu)

Just about every enterprise is reliant on third parties to deliver as part of the service for which their customers pay them, for  be it a restaurant or an airline.

It is for them to manage those relationships so they can deliver what their customers have paid for

What do you realistically want the airlines to do differently?

I don’t particularly want to accept it but what I am saying is that it is the way of the world, and no amount of my ranting and raving is going to change it, so just plan around it and deal with it.

Or, you could still think it’s the mid nineties and all flights will go on time and then have a meltdown and make a big drama of it when they don’t.

Edited by CrazyDave