Airport.

Billy kettlefish

6 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Were you on the whisky?

With regard to the Crazy idiot - no.

With regard to my original post, it was purely to try to put some theatrical gravitas into the dreadful situation in which we've descended with regard to the abysmal level of air services we now suffer.  Of course services wouldn't end at the end of the week - but on a 6 month deadline it could and trust me, an airline can be set up in that time.

If you want to wallow in the emerging isolated economic hole of the northern hemisphere then carry right on and follow Crazy's pathetic world view. 

2 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

With regard to the Crazy idiot - no.

With regard to my original post, it was purely to try to put some theatrical gravitas into the dreadful situation in which we've descended with regard to the abysmal level of air services we now suffer.  Of course services wouldn't end at the end of the week - but on a 6 month deadline it could and trust me, an airline can be set up in that time.

If you want to wallow in the emerging isolated economic hole of the northern hemisphere then carry right on and follow Crazy's pathetic world view. 

What’s the alternative?

What difference is your pent up fury going to make?

Post COVID there are less pilots, less air traffic controllers etc etc and it will take time to get back to normal now that demand for travel is picking up again.

It is what it is and it will rectify in time.  What does moaning achieve?

Edited by CrazyDave
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

What do you realistically want the airlines to do differently?

How about try these four for starters 

1) build a schedule that takes into account the closing time of the airport you are flying to i.e don’t schedule so close to when it closes 

2) build a little more turnaround time into the schedule so that if delays do occur they minimise the impact on flights later on 

3) have clear lines of communication with ground staff and passengers 

4) load sufficient fuel to cover a return flight 

None of these are that difficult to achieve in my opinion yet I can tell you from the delays and cancellations in recent months affecting the islands airlines all these have played a part . 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, IOM said:

How about try these four for starters 

1) build a schedule that takes into account the closing time of the airport you are flying to i.e don’t schedule so close to when it closes 

2) build a little more turnaround time into the schedule so that if delays do occur they minimise the impact on flights later on 

3) have clear lines of communication with ground staff and passengers 

4) load sufficient fuel to cover a return flight 

None of these are that difficult to achieve in my opinion yet I can tell you from the delays and cancellations in recent months affecting the islands airlines all these have played a part . 

Those would be fair points if we weren’t talking about a budget airline who charge buttons for a flight.

How about £250 each way and you get all of the above? 

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Those would be fair points if we weren’t talking about a budget airline who charge buttons for a flight.

You don’t need to pay £250 each way for such simple things that’s just simply ridiculous. And I am not sure I go along with your view that they charge buttons either especially if you are flying with bags ! And my comments also apply to Loganair as well and they are not a budget airline! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CrazyDave said:

What does moaning achieve?

You tell us.

50 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Right so hiking up the fares will sort out the ATC , Ronaldsway closing hours, aircraft positioning issues etc would it?

Those  “ moaners” as you refer to them are not moaning about pricing but reliability.

Say you buy a “ budget “ vacuum cleaner from Curry’s and it only picks up dirt from every tenth attempt at using it. Would you say “well it was cheap, you can’t expect it to work every time”

No you wouldn’t.

But for a cheap airfare you may expect limited legroom, no complimentary drinks or snacks but at least for it to get you from A to B for which you paid for.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

I am not moaning.

i am telling other people it achieves nothing.

Prove me wrong.

Apparently firms and other organisations greatly value feedback, positive  or negative,  to enhance their offering.

I have usually barely checked out of a hotel before getting an email asking me to evaluate my experience of my staying there.

Organisations also scan the media, social or otherwise for mention of their product.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Last para
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Apparently firms and other organisations greatly value feedback, positive  or negative,  to enhance their offering.

I have usually barely checked out of a hotel before getting an email asking me to evaluate my experience of my staying there.

Organisations also scan the media, social or otherwise for mention of their product.

Fair enough

This thread and the moaning on IOM Facebook groups will definitely make the airlines revisit their business models then 😂

Well done all.  I expect it will be much better from the morning.

3 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Fair enough

This thread and the moaning on IOM Facebook groups will definitely make the airlines revisit their business models then 😂

Except none of the four suggested ideas I outlined are about their model . It’s about operational competence and effectiveness and that’s entirely different to their model . 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Fair enough

Well it certainly won’t be if people don’t express their dissatisfaction, shrug their shoulders and say “that’s just the way it is” 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well it certainly won’t be if people don’t express their dissatisfaction, shrug their shoulders and say “that’s just the way it is” 

Keep on moaning about things you can’t change then.

Have a nice evening.

The rugby final is a great match with four minutes to go.

Edited by CrazyDave