Airport.

Billy kettlefish

4 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Are you unsure how quotes work?

I know exactly how they work thankyou ! For the avoidance of doubt because I am not sure you understand a business model is based around the broad strategic approach of the airline . Its whether they use one singular aircraft type ( EasyJet ) or mixed ( BA or Loganair ) which airports they choose to fly to ( premium like Heathrow London City or not ) use of third party outsourcing , ticket pricing , add ons like holidays hotels and car hire etc etc . Putting enough fuel to do a return Gatwick flight is not a business model issue it’s an operational competence issue . Nor is adequate communication on the ground it’s operational effectiveness. 

My point is operational effectiveness and competence should be givens because that’s what you are paying the airline for it’s got nothing to do with the business model . 

I repeat again none of the suggestions I provided which would make immediate improvements are about the business model ! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/26/2023 at 9:19 AM, asitis said:
On 10/25/2023 at 9:43 PM, Stu Peters said:

There were six interviewed I believe, all of whom were highly qualified. So much so that we selected three rather than two. To be clear, Gary Cobb had no part in the interviews or selection.

Sorry to be pedantic but who had the technical expertise to decide that those interviewed had the required technical expertise ? If this is HR then I wonder !

Sorry Stu, did you not see this ? can you alliterate who decided on the suitability of the candidates ?

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

Another moaning minnie

IMG_8288.jpeg

Maybe you think it’s perfectly acceptable to wait nearly an hour in a small decrepit inefficient airport, with money no object thrown at it? I don’t think it’s acceptable. I can accept this at some of the larger UK airports. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

How is almost an hour to get your bags acceptable? 

How is it worth moaning about? Plus I bet it wasn’t 50 minutes.  The drama queens who moan on those pages love to exaggerate.  It’s probably more like 40 minutes from the time the wheels actually touched the runway, and twenty from when the passengers got off the plane.

I just went back and looked at the comments on that post and it would appear most who have commented agree with me.  It’s no big deal.  My personal favourite was “meanwhile, in Gaza”

Edited by CrazyDave
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

How is it worth moaning about? Plus I bet it wasn’t 50 minutes.  The drama queens who moan on those pages love to exaggerate.  It’s probably more like 40 minutes from the time the wheels actually touched the runway, and twenty from when the passengers got off the plane.

Out of interest at what point would you deem time spent waiting for your bag’s unacceptable?

An hour and a half? Two hours? A day?

Would you wait in the baggage hall for a week to get your bags, whilst saying to yourself  all the time“mustn’t grumble”?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, IOM said:

How about try these four for starters 

1) build a schedule that takes into account the closing time of the airport you are flying to i.e don’t schedule so close to when it closes 

2) build a little more turnaround time into the schedule so that if delays do occur they minimise the impact on flights later on 

3) have clear lines of communication with ground staff and passengers 

4) load sufficient fuel to cover a return flight 

None of these are that difficult to achieve in my opinion yet I can tell you from the delays and cancellations in recent months affecting the islands airlines all these have played a part . 

yeah right ,

1)  reduces the amount of trips you can schedule for a particular aircraft  ( reduces income )

2)   see 1)

3)  they will have that already but may choose not to actually communicate certain things.

4) carrying fuel / extra weight  costs money in the extra fuel used to carry it . also not all aircraft can carry enough fuel to do double the distance intended , civilian passenger carrying aircraft don't tend to be equipped for mid air refueling.  

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Out of interest at what point would you deem time spent waiting for your bag’s unacceptable?

An hour and a half? Two hours? A day?

Would you wait in the baggage hall for a week to get your bags, whilst saying to yourself  all the time“mustn’t grumble”?

I don’t take bags.  It’s inconvenient and you have to wait for them and hump them through airports.

Hand baggage only.  On the very odd occasion I need more everything else gets shipped out and back .

For those that do chose the inconvenience of taking a suitcase, I don’t see an hour as that unreasonable and am sure the staff do their best.  If people want more staff on hand then the airlines need to pay more and fares will increase.

Edited by CrazyDave
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, WTF said:

yeah right ,

1)  reduces the amount of trips you can schedule for a particular aircraft  ( reduces income )

2)   see 1)

3)  they will have that already but may choose not to actually communicate certain things.

4) carrying fuel / extra weight  costs money in the extra fuel used to carry it . also not all aircraft can carry enough fuel to do double the distance intended , civilian passenger carrying aircraft don't tend to be equipped for mid air refueling.  

What a complete and absolute load of nonsense. And on point 4 nearly all times EasyJet refuel in London it was an instance about 6 weeks ago where for some very odd reason they didn’t and it resulted in an overnight delay of over 100 passengers. How ridiculous to suggest I am even talking about refuelling mid air . 

Sorry I will take absolutely no regard of your comments because they are total nonsense! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WTF said:

yeah right ,

Re 1. ) Taking into account closing times may well reduce the amount of trips you can schedule for a particular aircraft but as we all know to our cost many scheduled trips just don’t happen. 
So the airline’s income is not reduced. In fact it costs them.

You can schedule as many trips as you like  in a day but it’s meaningless if you can’t deliver.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Amadeus said:

How is almost an hour to get your bags acceptable? 

It’s not, but there are some posters and contributors on here that are clearly part of the establishment, and are blind to the issues which the travelling public have to contend with, or are serving or ex civil servants. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrazyDave said:

I don’t take bags.  It’s inconvenient and you have to wait for them and hump them through airports.

Hand baggage only.  On the very odd occasion I need more everything else gets shipped out and back .

For those that do chose the inconvenience of taking a suitcase, I don’t see an hour as that unreasonable and am sure the staff do their best.  If people want more staff on hand then the airlines need to pay more and fares will increase.

Considering IOMG have set this holy grail target/obsession of 500,000 + a year tourists/visitors, it clearly isn’t a good impression of the island, at the islands ‘gateway’, when they arrive, have to wait forever for their luggage. Perhaps visitors should not bother bringing luggage, after all, the island has an extensive selection of charity shops in which they can buy clothes. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

I spent years doing a lot of air travel for work and I got thoroughly sick of the airport/airline ethos of "Hurry up and wait somewhere else..."

After a load of that crap getting here having to wait ages while your luggage trundles 100 yards or so across the apron really is a particularly annoying sting in the tail.

I have never, ever, seen any Customer Sat Surveys taken at Ronaldsway.

Well, they're long overdue...

• Like 1