Airport.

Billy kettlefish

9 minutes ago, WTF said:

says something who wants planes to be able to return to where they came from when it isn't always possible.

You would do better to try and understand it a little more . Normally the EasyJet leaves Gatwick with sufficient fuel for the return journey. In the instance I am referring to a few weeks ago they did not do that and as a result over 100 passengers were delayed overnight . I just don’t think that’s good planning and frankly is nothing to do with their business model or costs ! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IOM said:

You would do better to try and understand it a little more . Normally the EasyJet leaves Gatwick with sufficient fuel for the return journey. In the instance I am referring to a few weeks ago they did not do that and as a result over 100 passengers were delayed overnight . I just don’t think that’s good planning and frankly is nothing to do with their business model or costs ! 

I think you would do well to listen back to the manninline Gary Cobb was on.

He explained a lot of the issues you seem to be struggling with 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

I think you would do well to listen back to the manninline Gary Cobb was on.

He explained a lot of the issues you seem to be struggling with 

I did listen to the Mannin line . Yes some if what he said makes sense but the clocks going back comment certainly didn’t . But he made no comment not should he on EasyJet resilience and effectiveness. 

By the way you seem to go around making an awful lot of assumptions if you don’t mind me saying . Yesterday you suggested posters on here are all old and using lap tops . For one older people have as much right to an opinion as you and there is nothing wrong with using a lap top . And second and for the record I am many years away from retirement and am currently typing this from the latest iPhone ! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, IOM said:

But that was clearly a one-off, due to a pilot's misjudgement or poor communication and when the back-up option at Ronaldsway wasn't available (as had been announced).  There haven't been other similar incidents recently so it's not really the sort of systematic problem that needs the way things are done to be altered in itself.

43 minutes ago, IOM said:

I did listen to the Mannin line . Yes some if what [Cobb] said makes sense but the clocks going back comment certainly didn’t .

My understanding of that comment was that it only related to the late Gatwick flight and the Facebook post seems to suggest the same.  So it could have been that the schedule for the aircraft used for that is limited earlier in the day by a service that wants to keep the same GMT/UTC/whatever.

Of course the switch between airline Winter and Summer timetables always coincides with the clocks changing anyway, so it's pretty academic whatever the reason.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Roger Mexico said:

Are you sure these weren't the Passenger Survey people?  Though in the usual aversion to facts and data that seems to be the hallmark of the Cannan administration, I believe this has now been outsourced.

Nope.  I have had that one where they ask you reason for journey etc.

This was specifically about thoughts on the service at security, cafe etc

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

But that was clearly a one-off, due to a pilot's misjudgement or poor communication and when the back-up option at Ronaldsway wasn't available (as had been announced).  There haven't been other similar incidents recently so it's not really the sort of systematic problem that needs the way things are done to be altered in itself.

It may well be a one off but it inconvenienced a lot of people over a Saturday night . It’s an example of poor operational standards and that’s not acceptable in my opinion . It’s also an example of a problem that has nothing to do with the business model of the airline which some on here want to believe . I picked that one out because I know about it for personal reasons but who knows how many of the other delays are down to poor operational standards and resilience I suspect far more than you might think . 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Are you sure these weren't the Passenger Survey people?  Though in the usual aversion to facts and data that seems to be the hallmark of the Cannan administration, I believe this has now been outsourced.

When the "security screening" was a dreadful bottleneck Reynolds said she didn't know anything was wrong because no-one had told her about it...!

You can't run an operation if you don't know what's going on at the coalface. End of. 

This is basic stuff which typical offshore hires by gov seem unaware of...

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, asitis said:

Sorry Stu, did you not see this ? can you alliterate who decided on the suitability of the candidates ?

I did see it but don’t know the answer, I presume DOI Minister, OHR and other(s).

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

My understanding of that comment was that it only related to the late Gatwick flight and the Facebook post seems to suggest the same.  So it could have been that the schedule for the aircraft used for that is limited earlier in the day by a service that wants to keep the same GMT/UTC/whatever.

Of course the switch between airline Winter and Summer timetables always coincides with the clocks changing anyway, so it's pretty academic whatever the reason.

I agree that Cobb appeared too be referring only to the evening Gatwick flight, but I'm pretty sure that what he said is a load of hogwash. Why would that one flight be tied to UTC/GMT/Zulu when none of the others, for easyJet, or the airlines are?

The aircraft that operates that service does not fly the same programme each day, or each week. A quick look at FR24 will show that over the last week it has come from Nice, Seville, Pula, Athens, Palma and Hamburg. The previous week, apart form Pula, on a Wednesday, nothing was the same. Tonight it is coming from Inverness. Sometimes it has a quick 30-40 minute turnaround, sometimes 2-3 hours.

Other domestic flights from Gatwick, which depart at a similar time in the Summer, (19.00 to 19.30) to Jersey, Edinburgh, Belfast, Inverness etc. do not change by an hour, although some seem to be 10-20 minutes different. 

So to suggest that the aircraft is flying a consistent daily programme that is tied to UTC/GMT/Zulu is not supported by any evidence or facts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1