Airport.

Billy kettlefish

2 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

I did see it but don’t know the answer, I presume DOI Minister, OHR and other(s).

Fair play Stu, you are very honest.

I did know you socially (You will not know me, it was a long long time ago in a Galaxy Far Far Away....) and you are a good bloke. good luck and all that, life is never a bed of roses.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Fair play Stu, you are very honest.

I did know you socially (You will not know me, it was a long long time ago in a Galaxy Far Far Away....) and you are a good bloke. good luck and all that, life is never a bed of roses.

I like Stu too.  It's very difficult to please everyone all the time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lighting in the area by the information desk is abymal. 50% of the lights not working and those that do work are dim.

Shit layout as well. Most people use that doorway by the cash point as enterance or exit. Would make sense to have a doorway for arrivals and a doorway for departures. It's a dimly lit bottle neck.

49 minutes ago, newaccount said:

Shit layout as well. Most people use that doorway by the cash point as enterance or exit. Would make sense to have a doorway for arrivals and a doorway for departures. It's a dimly lit bottle neck.

There is an arrivals doorway down at the far end. On the right if you're outside the building facing it.

I'm not sure the existing cash machine gets enough use these days to warrant a second one at arrivals, if that's what your beef is. If in fact you had a cash machine beef rather than just not realising there's an arrivals entrance to begin with.  

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Jersey airport has announced total closure to commercial flights for the day on Thursday 2nd November due to storm Ciaran.

Sensible. Expecting 70mph down here tomorrow evening, possibly more. Jersey expecting 80mph+ !!!

If you thought the rock was wet try the south-west.

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

That storm has some serious potential. Forecast pressure in the low 950s, which is nuts, and very rare. It'll just be standard crap here, but should be pretty exciting in the south of England.

Depends on how you define 'exciting'. I'll not flood as I'm on top of a hill at 72 masl, new roof with extra security. Already on standby for Wed/Thu in case rescues are needed.

18 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

That storm has some serious potential. Forecast pressure in the low 950s, which is nuts, and very rare. It'll just be standard crap here, but should be pretty exciting in the south of England.

Indeed, we shouldn't be too bad here other than some pebbles and seaweed on the Prom.  It's tracking a lot further south than most of these storms.  Looks like the Bay of Biscay is in for a serious hammering.  As I said in the Stinky Prom thread, the last few weeks of weather have seen more or less constant North to Easterlies, which frankly is very abnormal.