Airport.

Billy kettlefish

On 10/30/2023 at 11:33 AM, newaccount said:

Shit layout as well. Most people use that doorway by the cash point as enterance or exit. Would make sense to have a doorway for arrivals and a doorway for departures. It's a dimly lit bottle neck.

No need for two doorways, given most planes here fly out-and-back you don’t get much crossover between the arrivals stream and the departures stream.

You can enter the check-in area through the door at the far end, by the Loganair check-in desks, if it’s such a problem for you.

But unless you’re checking in luggage you don’t need to go to the check-in area and so the main doors with the cash machine are closest to the stairs and escalator up to security.

• Like 8

The Air Services Review, dated November 2021, has been published, at last

https://www.iomdfenterprise.im/assets/PDFs/d39f8e4ea8/Air-Services-Review.pdf

Nothing earth shattering, or particularly innovative, in it. Some recommendations, such as subsiding the reintroduction of LGW and LCY have happened in the intervening two years.

The idea of a Government run/owned airline is pretty much dismissed on the grounds of cost, and risk, without actually giving any numbers. 

Lots of colourful graphs and tables.  

54 minutes ago, Nellie said:

The Air Services Review, dated November 2021, has been published, at last

https://www.iomdfenterprise.im/assets/PDFs/d39f8e4ea8/Air-Services-Review.pdf

Nothing earth shattering, or particularly innovative, in it. Some recommendations, such as subsiding the reintroduction of LGW and LCY have happened in the intervening two years.

The idea of a Government run/owned airline is pretty much dismissed on the grounds of cost, and risk, without actually giving any numbers. 

Lots of colourful graphs and tables.  

Refers to Manx2 / Citywing being an 'airline' multiple times too.

Don't know why they need external consulting groups to put together this sort of stuff, when there must be many people in the CS that could do this.

Edited by swoopy2110

35 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

Refers to Manx2 / Citywing being an 'airline' multiple times too.

Don't know why they need external consulting groups to put together this sort of stuff, when there must be many people in the CS that could do this.

I'm not sure I'd trust anyone in the CS to have enough impartiality, or objectivity, but there are definitely a few regular posters on here with enough understanding and ideas to have produced something similar. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nellie said:

I'm not sure I'd trust anyone in the CS to have enough impartiality, or objectivity, but there are definitely a few regular posters on here with enough understanding and ideas to have produced something similar. 

There are a couple of people on here, one in particular who would be more than capable of looking objectively at any business case regarding routes. However as per usual the omnipotent CS are not interested in realistic views merely there own experts or tame consultants.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, When Skies are Grey V2 said:

they seem to have stopped posting the daily flight reports on social media from what I can see......

They said they would stop at the beginning of October:

image.png.3f053b7fd6c7fb1e6da7149aeacf6514.png

18 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

May I suggest a four eyes sign off policy for the airport’s social media posts? 

image.thumb.png.d2da0da11d73f0340ae4a5ca38b59467.png

I thought it was a bit far to walk.  (And from the previous one they need apostrophes explaining as well).

• Like 1