Airport.

Billy kettlefish

50 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

Don't expect four eyes to be grafting anytime soon.

image.png.40f1f1adc657d467f73a48b0922b2563.png

Funny for once (although inconsistent with current rules about disability discrimination). Your envy of me is palpable...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

Funny for once (although inconsistent with current rules about disability discrimination). Your envy of me is palpable...

I get that you think doing fuck all and getting paid for it is something most would envy, but not me prefer earning money.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

Have Easyjet finally understood the problem with the 9pm departure in the summer timetable?

Appears the evening flight has been retimed and is now scheduled for 7.55pm - 8.10pm (except on a Wednesday) when the new timetable hits in a few months

That's a good spot! It's only taken them about six years to figure out what they needed to do.

Also notable that it's only two weeks since Cobb said, on MR, that easyJet had no intention of changing that original timing, so he's obviously not in their loop!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HiVibes said:

I get that you think doing fuck all and getting paid for it is something most would envy, but not me prefer earning money.

How do you earn your money, out of interest. Or would you rather not say?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nellie said:

That's a good spot! It's only taken them about six years to figure out what they needed to do.

Also notable that it's only two weeks since Cobb said, on MR, that easyJet had no intention of changing that original timing, so he's obviously not in their loop!

Well even if Cobb did know he wouldn't pre-empt an airlines announcement of their timetable without authorisation.  But I would imagine that easyJet have looked at the bills arising over the Summer from this ongoing disaster and decide to reduce the pressure on the lead up to this flight.  This won't just because of the costs and bad publicity associated with IOM-LGW but the stress over the whole network.  

We'll just have to hope that they're not tempted to push it back nearer the time and that the experienced ATCOs get the local qualification in the meantime.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Stu my advice would be not to engage with this idiot. But that’s just my advice.

( He probably hasn’t a had a job in his short life)

I keep trying to get out…etc. (Michael Corleone).

Long time since I flew into Newquay. It was Flybe then.

Bags weren’t delivered to a belt, just dumped on the ramp for me to pick up.

Had booked a hire car. No desk. Managed to find an airport staff member who told me my car would be in the car park, my name in window, unlocked and key on passenger visor.

Bit like the IoM 50 years ago.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Anyone on here tried the Loganair service to/from Newquay?

No, but we were on the 7am to Manchester the other week and they asked anyone flying to Newquay to remain onboard after getting to the gate in Manchester. They said security would come on and do a sweep of the cabin before letting other passengers on.

Seemed like it would work pretty well.