Airport.

Billy kettlefish

12 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

Manchester for Easyjet 😞

Just got an email that my IOM MAN flight in early Feb  2024  has been cancelled 

Looks like there will not be any on Tuesdays and Wednesdays in February. 

They have offered to put me on the LPL flight 

It’s all over the EZY route network. Not just IoM. I’ve just been shunted off a Barcelona. Gatwick leg in mid Jan. Looked at the alternatives i was being offered. I’ve cancelled and gone with RyanAir, to Stansted. Half the price. EZY refund has already come through.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It’s all over the EZY route network. Not just IoM. I’ve just been shunted off a Barcelona. Gatwick leg in mid Jan. Looked at the alternatives i was being offered. I’ve cancelled and gone with RyanAir, to Stansted. Half the price. EZY refund has already come through.

Easyjet are fine as an airline providing a casual service but not suited to providing regular frequent services to a small island . Those who think they are the answer for the Isle of Man need to reflect on what is happening. 

• Thanks 3

My Easyjet Gatwick to IoM flight has changed to an unreasonable time so I will spend another day there. The advantage - I have a day out in London. The disadvantage - another night's hotel, and it's February.

Each year I book several flights months in advance. It seems to me that since covid, just about every flight I have booked has been amended or cancelled - sometimes more than once, which did not happen before.

What has happened to the airline industry to cause this constant schedule revision?

• Like 2

Just had our Manchester in new year bumped to Liverpool. Problem being we fly into Manchester from Gambia at 03:20 and now have the additional stress and expense of getting a taxi from Man - Liv.

They say I have no grounds for expensing them the taxi and seem to think as they've offered an alternative that the original isn't a cancellation!

Any advices, gratefully accepted.

4 minutes ago, SuffolkNGoode said:

Just had our Manchester in new year bumped to Liverpool. Problem being we fly into Manchester from Gambia at 03:20 and now have the additional stress and expense of getting a taxi from Man - Liv.

They say I have no grounds for expensing them the taxi and seem to think as they've offered an alternative that the original isn't a cancellation!

They are correct. As long as enough notice has been given ( more than 14 days before the flight)all they have to offer is a refund or reroute( which may not work for you ) 

I've just had my IOM MAN for early Feb canceled and I am trying to look for alternatives..

Edited by mad_manx
  • Like 1

Compensation has a 14 day cut off.

Right to care / Expenses has no such limitation.

Have a look at the delays and cancellations web page

https://www.easyjet.com/en/help/boarding-and-flying/delays-and-cancellations

and 

https://www.easyjet.com/en/terms-and-conditions/notice-of-rights-for-flight-delays-and-cancellations

Enforcing those rights might be problematic though. 

Fall back is travel insurance

Edited by newaccount
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ards_pete said:

we just got bumped off BFS-IOM-BFS for the start of February 🤬. Found out via the app. No other communication until I contacted easyJet on their WhatsApp 

I got an email about 24 hours after the app updated. I changed my plans before the email came through.

Go to http://journey.easyjet.com and it should give you alternative flights (either connections on easyJet or alternative airline). However since Aer Lingus have also cancelled BHD it might be easier or necessary for you to go on chat and discuss alternatives. The link I posted earlier has a section on alternative flights and alternative carriers

Edited by newaccount

5 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

They’re wrong, but it’s a common lie from airlines to say that.

I expect they'll bamboozle me further with talk of T&C's and even industry regulations as they did when I rung them earlier - sigh! Only option will probably be to try to claim afterwards. Got some quotes and minimum is around £75 which isn't extortionate at such an unholy hour.

It's a much much needed break and I'm starting to fret about getting from Man to Liv on time, I suppose at least it's the final home leg.

7 minutes ago, SuffolkNGoode said:

Only option will probably be to try to claim afterwards. Got some quotes and minimum is around £75 which isn't extortionate at such an unholy hour.

There’s no right to compensation as they’ve given you more than 14 days notice. But irrespective of that, as they’ve cancelled your Manchester flight then they still have the duty to re-route you to your final destination, and to provide reimbursement for expenses.

A lot of people- even airline call centre staff- don’t understand the difference between reimbursement and compensation.

I am aware that BA in particular will always say on the phone that they don’t pay the transport costs in a re-routing, but it’s wrong.

2 hours ago, ards_pete said:

we just got bumped off BFS-IOM-BFS for the start of February 🤬.

Sadly it’s about right for EasyJet.

Speak to them, I’d expect the best re-routing option would be coach to Dublin Airport then Emerald/Aer Lingus from there.

Edited by Ringy Rose
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, SuffolkNGoode said:

Who gets a flight arriving at 3.20 in morning? Just book Loganair flight from Manchester 

33 minutes ago, Banker said:

Who gets a flight arriving at 3.20 in morning? Just book Loganair flight from Manchester 

People who aren’t retired and can’t pick and choose when they travel?  People who want to go somewhere different for a change?  People who have employment restrictions on their travel time?  Hundreds, maybe even thousands, of flights return from places like the Canaries in the early hours.  But you know best.

'It never stops': Why do planes land at Manchester Airport through the night but not at Heathrow?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, SuffolkNGoode said:

I expect they'll bamboozle me further with talk of T&C's and even industry regulations as they did when I rung them earlier - sigh! Only option will probably be to try to claim afterwards. Got some quotes and minimum is around £75 which isn't extortionate at such an unholy hour.

It's a much much needed break and I'm starting to fret about getting from Man to Liv on time, I suppose at least it's the final home leg.

I've been using  https://www.airporttaxis-uk.co.uk/  for maybe 15 years . They offer you a fixed price and the registered drivers bid for your trip.  I don't have to worry about delays  at all. The driver will wait for you .

• Like 1