Airport.

Billy kettlefish

10 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

One might wonder if, given his lack of apparent qualifications for the job but "light entertainment" background, employing him was thought to be some sort of advertising/publicity coup that would attract people people here?

It was one of Skelly's marketing ploys that would bring in untold millions in free advertising! Bit like the £15K fairy houses scattered around the Island. 

• Like 3

I have it on good authority (my rampant but usually accurate imagination) that they assumed there would be a Best Little Airport in Britain series, starring Spake, and several world-leading politicians would be seen frequently passing through the airport on their way to Camp David to sort out the world's problems.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

9 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

I have it on good authority (my rampant but usually accurate imagination) that they assumed there would be a Best Little Airport in Britain series, starring Spake, and several world-leading politicians would be seen frequently passing through the airport on their way to Camp David to sort out the world's problems.

Who's Camp David? 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

I think some of our politicians would think that we would be supplying those world-leading politicians too.

• Like 2