Airport.

Billy kettlefish

18 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

But the point is they’re NEDS. They aren’t running anything they’re independents supporting and advising the board. They aren’t running anything no matter how qualified they are. 

Especially when they are pre approved appointments ! don't want anyone making waves do we old boy !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Hate to seem to disagree, but NEDS (as a general statement of how these things work) are part of the board and are there to provide the benefit of their experience to the other executive members.  They are not executives, that is right, but they are members of the board nevertheless, ie part of the decision making body. 

Oh yes like anyone needed a lesson in anything from you. 

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/n/non-executive-director.asp

The term non-executive director refers to a member of a company's board of directors. This board member isn't a company employee, which means they don't engage in the day-to-day management of the organization. Rather, most non-executive directors act as independent advisors and are involved in policymaking and planning exercises. Their responsibilities generally include monitoring executive directors and acting in the interest of corporate stakeholders.

Edited by Cueey Lewis And The News
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

Typical MF: ‘the airport is a disgrace and something should be done’. 

Three hugely impressive NEDs with significant relevant expertise appointed at a cost of maybe just £10k per year total and people are kicking off.

I met them yesterday for the first time. These are exactly the kind of people we need to steer the airport back on track and make flying bearable again.

I really hope you are right Stu.

But we are  told the major  reason for the poor stats re arrivals/ departures cancellations/ delays is the lack of ATC’s.

How are they going to fix that?  Cobb hasn’t managed that in his time here. Hard to see how these NEDS  can wave a magic wand and make it all alright.

But I wish them well and would be extremely happy to be proved wrong.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Oh yes like anyone needed a lesson in anything from you. 

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/n/non-executive-director.asp

The term non-executive director refers to a member of a company's board of directors. This board member isn't a company employee, which means they don't engage in the day-to-day management of the organization. Rather, most non-executive directors act as independent advisors and are involved in policymaking and planning exercises. Their responsibilities generally include monitoring executive directors and acting in the interest of corporate stakeholders.

That is 100% correct, they are not executives but are members of the board. 

37 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

London City likely scrapped in 2024. In its place, double daily LHR. 

That rumour has been around for a while, but it makes a lot of sense and I hope it happens.

LCY has been poorly run by Loganair, with frequent cancellations, and few passengers. Those facts are probably closely connected.

A better schedule to LHR should open up both better connectivity to BA, and better point to point options. 

But are slots available? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nellie said:

But are slots available? 

Or affordable for small pax no., regional flights?

BA took over Manx in order to get their hands on Manx's H/row slots didn't they, because they could use them for more profitable flight landings?

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

One from Highlands and Islands Airports Limited.

Isn’t there someone else already at the airport with a long career at Highlands and Islands Airports Limited.

Pure coincidence I’m sure.

Well it is the Isle of Man ……….. where you can? 

Do they ride a motorcycle?

At least the issue of trolleys and a water fountain will be sorted ……….. I don’t know about flights. 

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

BA took over Manx in order to get their hands on Manx's H/row slots didn't they, because they could use them for more profitable flight landings?

Another thing government were told but chose to ignore ! It was always clear to those in aviation what BA's motivation was !

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I really hope you are right Stu.

But we are  told the major  reason for the poor stats re arrivals/ departures cancellations/ delays is the lack of ATC’s.

How are they going to fix that?  Cobb hasn’t managed that in his time here. Hard to see how these NEDS  can wave a magic wand and make it all alright.

But I wish them well and would be extremely happy to be proved wrong.

I am reliably informed Cobb is aware of one major issue with ATC but so far hasn't done anything about it !

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Banker said:

Three wise men from the East arriving at Christmas time. 

Could be a good sign.

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Are there maybe slots available for lifeline services by regional airlines?

40 minutes ago, Banker said:

Are there maybe slots available for lifeline services by regional airlines?

Loganair have quite a few flights going into London Heathrow from Ireland and Scotland so maybe they might want to switch one of those slots to the Isle of Man instead . 

• Like 1