Airport.

Billy kettlefish

1 hour ago, asitis said:

Jeremy Spake@JeremySpake·2hShould be heading to Ethiopia next week to spend some time with @flyethiopian seeing how they have adapted to the #COVID #Pandemic  more on this to follow 👍🏼

Is our Government really taking the piss out of taxpayers now ?

Surely this fool is not still employed at Ronaldsway, is he?

Farcical!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Its incredible the quality of so many employed by government in positions of power. Mind blowing really. Cannan needs to get a grip as with the likes of the stuff going on with Manx Care and DOI theres zero accountability it would seem. Rob's statement of runway all finished and months later still no sign of it being operational says a lot about CS mentality and what they tell there MHK's . 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

To be fair to Rob, this, as so often with 3FM, is just a rewritten press release and his 'quote' comes from that.  When it appeared in the media it may have been to first time he heard about it as well.

He's setting himself up though as a lacky to pass on departments press releases . Sorry but he should make sure there legit if he takes it on himself to pass them on. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Mind blowing really. Cannan needs to get a grip as with the likes of the stuff going on with Manx Care and DOI theres zero accountability it would seem.

Cannan is like the other MHKs,  impotent  when it comes to putting the CS in their place.

You could say he aint got the Balls........................

To be fair it is how our "democracy" with a small d is set up.

We vote in people who we don't know what the actual fuck they will do in tynwald. Even if one MHK turned out to be a Churchillian type politician, they would have Jack Shit chance of changing things here.

Its a crap system that keeps our masters in the UK happy as we don't rock the boat. How "Proud Manx" cant see this, it  makes me chuckle.

We just bumble along from one 5 year term to the other with nothing really changing unless we are told.

Self Rule? My ARSE

ETA

Stu Peters

Your comments on a Churchillian politician being elected here and their likely outcomes  would be greaty appreciated..........................

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Its incredible the quality of so many employed by government in positions of power. Mind blowing really.

Part of the problem is that it's self-perpetuating.

These people are also responsible for recruitment and are busying themselves topping up and increasing their numbers by people of their own ilk, regardless of any qualification or more importantly, even aptitude for the job. So we end up with structures full of incompetents and/or mates. Anybody with the appropriate quals or experience is a threat and needs to be driven out and disposed of. This is in both central Govt and LAs.

It's been going on for years and our politicians seem to be powerless to intervene, the only time I can recall any of them peeping above the parapet on the issue was Julie Edge last October-ish, and that's gone quiet.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

our politicians seem to be powerless to intervene,

I do not see that any want to intervene - mostly they seem happy to protect the gov. employees.

The first time around I voted for Allinson and Hooper because I thought they might behave in a different fashion. But they turned out just the same as the rest. The last time I voted for no-one as there was no-one worth voting for.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

I do not see that any want to intervene - mostly they seem happy to protect the gov. employees.

The first time around I voted for Allinson and Hooper because I thought they might behave in a different fashion. But they turned out just the same as the rest. The last time I voted for no-one as there was no-one worth voting for.

Same here, I just couldn't muster the enthusiasm to even go and spoil my paper!

30 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Cannan is like the other MHKs,  impotent  when it comes to putting the CS in their place.

You could say he aint got the Balls........................

To be fair it is how our "democracy" with a small d is set up.

We vote in people who we don't know what the actual fuck they will do in tynwald. Even if one MHK turned out to be a Churchillian type politician, they would have Jack Shit chance of changing things here.

Its a crap system that keeps our masters in the UK happy as we don't rock the boat. How "Proud Manx" cant see this, it  makes me chuckle.

We just bumble along from one 5 year term to the other with nothing really changing unless we are told.

Self Rule? My ARSE

ETA

Stu Peters

Your comments on a Churchillian politician being elected here and their likely outcomes  would be greaty appreciated..........................

Yes, but we like the Germans now - I have three German pals here! Is there a modern Churchill? Nigel Farage maybe? I suspect there's much truth in your assertion about the difficulty of effecting change. I'm convinced there is the will, it's the way that is more of a challenge. But then that'd be me accused of whining again.

1 minute ago, finlo said:

Same here, I just couldn't muster the enthusiasm to even go and spoil my paper!

I have another plan. First, the phrase "spoiled ballot paper" will be  banned. Newspapers will instead announce the number of electors who made the effort to vote against all the candidates.

And second, it will be possible to vote against any candidate - with one vote being subtracted from  each candidate's total.

OK, I see there might be the slight problem that every candidate will end up with a large negative vote - I will have to work on another plan for that.

4 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

Yes, but we like the Germans now - I have three German pals here! Is there a modern Churchill? Nigel Farage maybe? I suspect there's much truth in your assertion about the difficulty of effecting change. I'm convinced there is the will, it's the way that is more of a challenge. But then that'd be me accused of whining again.

Probably more like telling it like it is Stu.

Anyone can stand on the sidelines shouting “ the Government is shit, MHK’s are shit, the Civil Service is shit and local authorities are shit”

And many on here do. And that is the extent of their contribution.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

Well I still don't like the Germans, the actually bombed my family's chip shop in England and their breakfast serving at their hotels are just wrong, very wrong.

Who eats Philadelphia cheese spread for breakfast? Germans.......:-)

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Anyone can stand on the sidelines shouting “ the Government is shit, MHK’s are shit, the Civil Service is shit and local authorities are shit”

So go on then, how do we improve it?

We don't, that is the problem and that is how it works, we are Proud Manx and doff the cap to our UK masters.

Our political system is made for it to be that way.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Utter crap. People on here or anywhere else have a total right to say there piece as at the end of the day those same people are funding the whole show. I have asked you before on here please tell me anything those same people have got right in recent years then. You think the amount suggested for the landing stage in Liverpool is in any way acceptable ? Or how about the Prom and standard of works ? You know with the upwards of 350 snags. Or how about whats going on with Manx care currently ?? People are getting paid big money to fuck up these issues and so many more . Should we all just lie down and take it or should rightly point out the constant incompetence that exists . There is seriously issues with the civil service . Fact !!! HR throughout government is also seriously flawed . Ohhh and what about the issues with the management and staff at the Airport . 

We all say they are shit , not because we want or like to but its simply because they are . 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

To be fair to Rob, this, as so often with 3FM, is just a rewritten press release and his 'quote' comes from that.  When it appeared in the media it may have been to first time he heard about it as well.

He's setting himself up though as a lacky to pass on departments press releases . Sorry but he should make sure there legit if he takes it on himself to pass them on. 

Well I was really mocking the these dreadfully-written press releases with their made-up, stilted 'quotes'.  You do wonder if the politicians have even been allowed to read them before they go out, though.  Given the way that Rob wasn't even invited to the TTMA fiasco, maybe not.  If it had been forced through, no doubt a press release would have gone out with him 'saying' how splendid it was.

• Like 1