Airport.

Billy kettlefish

7 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Off now but of course no sign of any luggage being unloaded

You have to remember old boy, this is nothing to do with Airport management, it's all arms length don't you know !

Arms length, a great excuse for piss poor performance and for getting paid to be in charge of well nothing !!!

I'm sure Cobb and his HIAL mates will sort all this out in the development plan !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

14 minutes ago, asitis said:

You have to remember old boy, this is nothing to do with Airport management, it's all arms length don't you know !

Arms length, a great excuse for piss poor performance and for getting paid to be in charge of well nothing !!!

I'm sure Cobb and his HIAL mates will sort all this out in the development plan !

If you bothered checking there’s been lengthy delays by easyJet all day cussed by severe ATC issues at Gatwick and other  issues , assume you expect taxpayers to have a spare crew sitting around all day in case easyJet don’t run to schedules ie every day!,,

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Off now but of course no sign of any luggage being unloaded

There is always a bit of a log jam on a Friday afternoon, as easyJet have several extra flights this day, and two or three arrive at more or less the same time. The situation was exacerbated today by the Gatwick being two hours late and getting tangled up with the scheduled busy period. Not really anyone's fault. Just one of those things that happens.

1 hour ago, Banker said:

If you bothered checking there’s been lengthy delays by easyJet all day cussed by severe ATC issues at Gatwick and other  issues , assume you expect taxpayers to have a spare crew sitting around all day in case easyJet don’t run to schedules ie every day!,,

No I don't, but neither do I expect airport management to shrug their shoulders at every cock up howsoever caused. I am clearly less tolerant of piss poor service than you are ! 

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, IOM said:

I notice there are three EasyJet Gatwick flights today as there were on Boxing Day . Is there really that much demand for three flights or is it Gatwick slot management by EasyJet? 

easyJet scheduled three Gatwicks on many Fridays and Sundays throughout November and December, but then pulled quite a few, or consolidated. But they left three on several dates including Xmas Eve, Friday just gone, and today. Like you, I can't see that there will be demand today, but the three flights on Friday were all well filled outbound, but not so much inbound.

The three Friday flights continues on seemingly random dates in the new year, even when the Summer schedule kicks in I've just booked a trip in May 2024 and there were three to chose from. As for the rationale, who knows! 

Conversely, there are many Sundays when there is only one (evening) flight, which probably means there will be unmet demand. 

• Like 1