Billy kettlefish

48 minutes ago, newaccount said:

In the current climate....

Too few people travelling.

Too small IOM population.

Not enough visiting friends and family.

Not enough businesses to support it.

easyjet seeking to cut their winter losses

Always the case too small a market, if only Reynolds had been able to assimilate that information !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, asitis said:

Always the case too small a market, if only Reynolds had been able to assimilate that information !

But our Anne was going to bring 1.5 million a year through here. And a houseful of gullible twerps believed her too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, IOM said:

I think all these points are right . But it shows the folly of placing too much emphasis on EasyJet for servicing the island - loads of 156/180 passengers each way is in most cases too many . There is in my opinion no problem with having EasyJet as a casual operator but the island needs regular and consistent connectivity all year round. 

I mostly concur, but easyjet have made a better go of Bristol than anyone else has ever done. They've been on the route, continuously, since 2015. And they may plan to come back in S25.

And Loganair aren't covering themselves in glory, at the moment. I reckon they've had over 30 cancellations in the last week or so. I know some of that was weather, but Titan (who are back again today) are the only winners there.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nellie said:

I mostly concur, but easyjet have made a better go of Bristol than anyone else has ever done. They've been on the route, continuously, since 2015. And they may plan to come back in S25.

And Loganair aren't covering themselves in glory, at the moment. I reckon they've had over 30 cancellations in the last week or so. I know some of that was weather, but Titan (who are back again today) are the only winners there.

Yes I totally agree with you Loganair have been lacking at times . It’s why I never specifically mentioned them in my post instead I made the point the island needs well placed consistent and regular connectivity -basically an airline with smaller planes . Unfortunately there are not many regional carriers around anymore . 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

But our Anne was going to bring 1.5 million a year through here. And a houseful of gullible twerps believed her too.

... and I believe rising thereafter too ! It illustrates clearly they'll do anything to try and justify blowing other peoples money on stuff which adds little to the health and well being of resident society as a whole !

• Thanks 1

Many other airports are back at pre pandemic levels. IOM is probably 30% down.

Although there is less capacity at the moment, the load factors on the current services are not high enough.

People need to get back on the planes and fill them.

5 minutes ago, newaccount said:

Although there is less capacity at the moment, the load factors on the current services are not high enough.

They can't, their wallets are being perpetually drained.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, newaccount said:

And what’s your plan to achieve this or do you think if you tell them they will just book flights ? 

Given the government waste cash on all sorts of nonsense - elan communications being a other example - I really do think that they should get Ryanair operating by paying them. Or pay easyJet more. I don't particularly like Ryanairbut they'd increase the passenger numbers. Surely it's worth a try.

Edited by newaccount
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, newaccount said:

Given the government waste cash on all sorts of nonsense - elan communications being an other example - I really do think that they should get Ryanair operating by paying them. Or pay easyJet more. I don't particularly like Ryanairbut they'd increase the passenger numbers. Surely it's worth a try.

And how many flights a day are you going to have from Ryanair ? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, newaccount said:

Given the government waste cash on all sorts of nonsense - elan communications being a other example - I really do think that they should get Ryanair operating by paying them. Or pay easyJet more. I don't particularly like Ryanairbut they'd increase the passenger numbers. Surely it's worth a try.

On which routes??

11 minutes ago, IOM said:

And how do you explain that whenever anyone had tried to fly to Stansted it’s never worked ? 

Like euromanx and Flybe. They're not even in the same league.

Anyway you asked for a suggestion. I gave you one.

If you would prefer them to spend money on all other sorts of bullshit which this thread has many examples of then feel free to pick holes in anything I write.

In the meantime the airport, passenger numbers and the island are going down the toilet