Airport.

Billy kettlefish

3 hours ago, 0bserver said:

I heard on Monday that Loganair and Flybe had both pulled out of negotiations with DOI as they weren't getting anywhere. 

Heard the same yesterday. Idiots.

Flybe wanted to do LHR as they have some slots to use, Loganair had option on slots but was also looking at Stansted apparently.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cypman said:

How can we fail to successfully negotiate this absolutely essential London service ? 
Was it airport management, DOI hierarchy or treasury (not) doing the business.

Originally it was Jez and its easy to blame him.

Then it fell down at DOI itself, after sidelining Jez somewhat. Incompetent. The lot.

7 hours ago, Two-lane said:

But was not Reynolds replaced last autumn by an interim airport director? Isn't Spake merely a deputy?

Have you ever met Jez? When he isn't burning Ukranian flags in his office, he's impossible to manage.

'Deputy' is a problem. His personality always has to be the biggest in the room. He walks around with his Airbus A350 lanyard on, reminding everyone he apparently owns his own Airbus A320. The guy is a maniac, so caught up in his own twisted version of reality. I feel sorry for any permanent director replacement that has to keep him around. It needs one seriously strong personality to put him in his box.

HE always knows best and its idiots like Skelly, Lewin and Cannan from the last Gov that let him piss away so much cash and destroy relationships with most of the airlines apart from bloody Loganair.

Edited by NoTailT
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

In more positive news, easyjet Manchester going to daily from 5 weekly.

Easyjet the other day had 139 inbound from Manchester. Loganair at similar time, 26 inbound.

I hope easyjet keep this up.

Am not sure I share your view on his. The new summer schedule shows Loganair flying to Manchester 4 times a day if they get driven out it will end up with two Easyjets at best at random times. This is exactly what has happened to London don't you recognise any value in frequency of service?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, IOM said:

Am not sure I share your view on his. The new summer schedule shows Loganair flying to Manchester 4 times a day if they get driven out it will end up with two Easyjets at best at random times. This is exactly what has happened to London don't you recognise any value in frequency of service?

Well Logan air need to reduce prices to get more volume, same on Liverpool route 

• Like 2