Airport.

Billy kettlefish

Oh ... you mean the usual old chestnut trotted out by Cob & Co when they're unable to provide a credible explanation. It goes along the lines of ... it's a requirement of the CAA!

Unfortunately this isn't always exactly correct.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

You might think so, but most of the management jobs are a mandatory requirement by the regulators.

Speaking of the CAA....have they been told the turnstile into the security search area is permanently open?

2 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

you have to be in the belly of the beast to see properly how it operates compared to the private sector.

Some of us have also been there and know.

It operates on expectancy and entitlement, with that expectancy being that it will be eternally financed by growing hikes on the taxpayer.

It abhors the thought of self-contraction or cuts to itself. Such things are akin to defeat in its mindset.

It knows little humility as it breeds its own arrogance which it instils into its members at an early stage of their membership of it and which increases as they rise through its ranks.

It regards the general public as a clueless, ignorant mass to be ignored, or at best, patronised (as you alluded to in your own 2021 manifesto). Knowledgeable SMEs from the private sector are seen as a positive threat.

It is patently out of control and has been for some time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, newaccount said:

Speaking of the CAA....have they been told the turnstile into the security search area is permanently open?

I don’t know - have you told them? You should if you have a legitimate concern…oh no, maybe not - you’d have to put your real name to something.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

I don’t know - have you told them? You should if you have a legitimate concern…oh no, maybe not - you’d have to put your real name to something.

If you can't provide a sensible answer to a sensible question, I suggest you turn off the internet 

Edited by newaccount

10 minutes ago, newaccount said:

If you can't provide a sensible answer to a sensible question, I suggest you turn off the internet 

How on Earth could one turn off the Internet. You do realise how it works ? maybe not obviously

4 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

You might think so, but most of the management jobs are a mandatory requirement by the regulators.

anything in those regs to say that multiple positions cannot be held by the same person ?

14 hours ago, WTF said:

anything in those regs to say that multiple positions cannot be held by the same person ?

That’s a reasonable question, I’ll ask at the next meeting.

This corporatisation bollocks that Tim nice but dim was talking about. He said it would be run by a government owned limited company. I take it that's just another way of saying arms length, ie. we still get to pay for it but have no democratic control over the place and government get to absolve themselves from blame for the type of cockups that the airport has run on for at least the last 20 years with no end in sight.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

This corporatisation bollocks that Tim nice but dim was talking about. He said it would be run by a government owned limited company. I take it that's just another way of saying arms length, ie. we still get to pay for it but have no democratic control over the place and government get to absolve themselves from blame for the type of cockups that the airport has run on for at least the last 20 years with no end in sight.

Seemingly the most appropriate contributor to make the post...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Anyone know what the plane that goes over Douglas late evening is?

Sounds low and heavy and a prop.

11.30 last night, thurs.

Thanks...curious.

its dropping drug packages in the bay so that canoeists and scuba divers can collect them.

• Haha 1