Airport.

Billy kettlefish

As you can see from the above Stu, it's not a question of accepting the fait a clommpli, not what the previous admin got wrong but what are your admin going to do to reverse these problems???

Not good enough to say you will learn your lessons but how you will, in your admin, claw back the overspend????

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

You will dismiss this no doubt, but this administration INHERITED these problems and is trying to resolve them.

That's what I mean Stu? See beyond.

47 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

I was responding to your comment about taxing people off the island.  I made no comment about government spending.

In my opinion it really is a modest tax rise. Personally mine has gone up by less than 1 percent of income.  Most people have had a rise of more than that.

I really don’t think people are being taxed off the island as you stated.

Great. Keep it up. In 50 years you'll be handing over all your salary/earnings.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Great. Keep it up. In 50 years you'll be handing over all your salary/earnings.

Not really.

Not if my earning keep going up in line with inflation, and my tax increases each year by much less than inflation.

How on earth would I be handing over all my earnings?

Even if the increases were the same every year as they were this year, the percentage of income I paid as tax would just decrease year on year.

You might need a new calculator?

2 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

Why? Because I quote facts or because you’re laying down markers for another campaign in 2026?

More to do with the fact you don’t appear to have stuck to your election promises. Prove us wrong…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CrazyDave said:

Not really.

Not if my earning keep going up in line with inflation, and my tax increases each year by much less than inflation.

How on earth would I be handing over all my earnings?

Even if the increases were the same every year as they were this year, the percentage of income I paid as tax would just decrease year on year.

You might need a new calculator?

Many Govt charges have recently increased by well above inflation rates, on the grounds that "they hadn't been increased for some time". Bands of car tax for instance. Kids bus fares now by 25%.

Govt has no scruples about imposing these rises and is warning of more to come. The tax burden is rising, vs any inflation pay increases. You need to be aware of indirect rises, not just direct.

Edited by Non-Believer
Typo
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Many Govt charges have recently increased by well above inflation rates, on the grounds that "they hadn't been increased for some time". Bands of car tax for instance. Kids bus fares now by 25%.

Govt has no scruples about imposing these rises and is warning of more to come. The tax burden is rising, vs any inflation pay increases. You need to be aware of indirect rises, not just direct.

I am aware.

It seems like anyone who mentions the tiny rise in school bus fares, probably isn’t aware of the significant rise in child benefits that much more than cancels it out.

People need to look at the whole picture.

8 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

I am aware.

It seems like anyone who mentions the tiny rise in school bus fares, probably isn’t aware of the significant rise in child benefits that much more than cancels it out.

People need to look at the whole picture.

That whole picture also needs to include that many people, other than Govt workers, have also received payrises that were not anywhere near the rate of inflation, say only 3% - 5%.

The Minimum Wage also still awaits "further deliberation" before any decision is made. Those people on that rate are having to get by on far less than the rate of inflation.

8 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

That whole picture also needs to include that many people, other than Govt workers, have also received payrises that were not anywhere near the rate of inflation, say only 3% - 5%.

The Minimum Wage also still awaits "further deliberation" before any decision is made. Those people on that rate are having to get by on far less than the rate of inflation.

But, in a discussion about tax rises, people working a normal week on minimum wage didn’t get a tax increase.

13 hours ago, Kopek said:

As you can see from the above Stu, it's not a question of accepting the fait a clommpli, not what the previous admin got wrong but what are your admin going to do to reverse these problems???

Not good enough to say you will learn your lessons but how you will, in your admin, claw back the overspend????

The admin thing is a weak argument anyway. The civil servants weee largely the same. Just the nodding figureheads in the wedding cake changed and not even that much. 

4 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

But, in a discussion about tax rises, people working a normal week on minimum wage didn’t get a tax increase.

They still have to deal with rises in all applicable Govt charges, car tax etc. They do not get the benefit of extra "deliberation and consultation" periods required for the implementation of these.

Minor point but for some not. With the massive head count how difficult is it to keep the Airport site up to date with regards delays etc. Travelled back yesterday and was still saying on time when clearly it wasn’t. Also arrival time never changed. Plane was late , no surprise , but what figures are used for punctuality reports ? 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Minor point but for some not. With the massive head count how difficult is it to keep the Airport site up to date with regards delays etc. Travelled back yesterday and was still saying on time when clearly it wasn’t. Also arrival time never changed. Plane was late , no surprise , but what figures are used for punctuality reports ? 

Isn't the website contracted out in some way? 

38 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Cobb explained this when he was on manninline.

It’s a manual update at the moment, and people aren’t available 24/7 to do it.

There is an automatic feed that could be used but it would be expensive and part of a bigger update as I remember.

• Like 1