Airport.

Billy kettlefish

Its the norm in the UK to pay, so what. The airport is still in governments hands (not on the end of the armie's yet) I object to paying something which i'm already paying for. Especially after all deductions the money would not cover the paper for the shithouse, if they spent it on a tin of paint or oil that would be of benefit to the airport I would be more in favour. But we all know this ain't going to happen as said before maintainance is a dirty word.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Anthony Ingham said:

Liverpool parking is pre booked if you want to pay a decent rate.

Our system is much easier and fairer.

Whats the alleged issue with using the app, or the website before home, or texting a number from the airport to pay?

I agree it’s really easy to use and all quite straightforward. The system is used by a lot of councils across I don’t hear of people complaining about it over there they just get on with it . 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, asitis said:

The airport is a failing business in any sense of commercial success v costs ! Under those circumstances I find it difficult to understand why they should choose to make it more unpleasant and difficult to use, it seems to me I would rather be developing systems whereby the customer experience was enhanced !

Of course the mantra of security will be thrown up but this is what comes of having imbeciles in charge who couldn't see a threat if it pissed on their legs !

My experience is enhanced over the old system.

It is incredibly easy to use, provides receipts that you can’t lose, can be done before you get there, can be done on behalf of others, can be extended easily if you are delayed, doesn’t rely on any interaction with machines that have other people germs on or might not work.

I am yet to see a single reason why it’s worse than before, other than it being new and people saying they don’t like it.

I don’t see how they could possibly make it easier other than just making parking free, which would just result in a rise in the taxes we pay in our flights.

23 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

But they wouldn't have car with them.😂

That makes no sense

People arriving  often walk through the exit and cross the road to go to a car that is parked in the short stay car park.

I tried to use that car park once. It was winter, dark and blowing a hoolie. I parked and attempted to log into the app. No luck. And then I realised I was in a “premium” zone in the car park which cost more. I drove further out to what I hoped was a cheaper zone, but the dark and the wind and the rain made it difficult to tell. And then the person I was collecting arrived so I just gave up and drove round to get them. Never did attempt to pay. I wonder if it will ever find me? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, IOM said:

I agree it’s really easy to use and all quite straightforward. The system is used by a lot of councils across I don’t hear of people complaining about it over there they just get on with it . 

Not saying it is a bad system for regular long stay use  But it is not a user friendly system for occasional short term users. Because there is no other way of paying,  many people  just avoid it. It would, have been so easy to have a system where customers are able to pay using a credit card on site . They chose to not give customers an option  and I think they have lost business and   credibility with the public.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, asitis said:

The airport is a failing business in any sense of commercial success v costs ! Under those circumstances I find it difficult to understand why they should choose to make it more unpleasant and difficult to use, it seems to me I would rather be developing systems whereby the customer experience was enhanced !

Of course the mantra of security will be thrown up but this is what comes of having imbeciles in charge who couldn't see a threat if it pissed on their legs !

You obviously haven’t been through Manchester airport recently, absolute chaos with everyone crammed in , security checks a nightmare ie queues, officers shouting at everyone that any liquids etc found will cause you long delays and then almost taking pleasure when a case is rejected which seemed to be 30/40% .

try getting a seat in departure lounge and this was off peak time 

1 hour ago, emesde said:

That makes no sense

People arriving  often walk through the exit and cross the road to go to a car that is parked in the short stay car park.

That would be at least a 2nd impression. Unless they were being picked up on their first visit. 

BTW it was only a joke. 😁

1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

I tried to use that car park once. It was winter, dark and blowing a hoolie. I parked and attempted to log into the app. No luck. And then I realised I was in a “premium” zone in the car park which cost more. I drove further out to what I hoped was a cheaper zone, but the dark and the wind and the rain made it difficult to tell. And then the person I was collecting arrived so I just gave up and drove round to get them. Never did attempt to pay. I wonder if it will ever find me? 

But you didn't have to pay. Just use the disc. I have to say though I am not surprised you didn't know. The signage is appalling. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IOM said:

Yes they do, like changes in waste collection and new supermarkets opening. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Beelzebub3 said:

I was at Belfast international airport dropping my son of this morning and I stayed for 10mins cost me £4 Belfast harbour airport is £3 for an hour.

Good to hear .. but this is the Isle of Man ... we should be and could be better

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Banker said:

It’s £6 for 10 minutes at Bristol , £5 Liverpool. Just everyone here thinks everything should be free to suit them 

This is the Isle of Man not Liverpool or Bristol... comparisons are ridiculous.  Why should the IOM not be user friendly and different. 

• Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Anthony Ingham said:

It is incredibly easy to use, provides receipts that you can’t lose, can be done before you get there, can be done on behalf of others, can be extended easily if you are delayed, doesn’t rely on any interaction with machines that have other people germs on or might not work.

I am yet to see a single reason why it’s worse than before, other than it being new and people saying they don’t like it.

I don’t see how they could possibly make it easier other than just making parking free, which would just result in a rise in the taxes we pay in our flights.

Why would free parking put price of flights up, you obviously think that the £600,000 less +/- 33% so bag of vape pack £387,000 is going to reduce your ticket price. Dream on

3 hours ago, Anthony Ingham said:

Just imagine if Tesco said .that from now on there will only be one way you can pay for our services . No consultation ,we will choose the method. And by the way we are going to charge you to park in our car park several pounds a day.

There would be such an outcry yet that isn't very different from what the Government have done at the airport .

Yet the Government Shills are on here saying how wonderful our system is and comparing it with anywhere they can find more expensive .even though price hasn't really been the issue .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1