Airport.

Billy kettlefish

18 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Why would free parking put price of flights up, you obviously think that the £600,000 less +/- 33% so bag of vape pack £387,000 is going to reduce your ticket price. Dream on

I said if we didn’t pay for parking, that the shortfall would be made up I the tax we pay on every flight.

5 hours ago, Anthony Ingham said:

I think it’s a much better system than barriers.  It’s perfect for mine and my families use and we never have a single issue with it. 

No potentially lost tickets, no faffing.  You can even pay before you get there so you don’t even have to think about it.

I really don’t see the issue.  We have an elderly family member who doesn’t like it (has never tried it to be fair.  Doesn’t like change 🙄) so someone else just does it remotely.  It takes about 60 seconds.

It is useless. No one with none UK Apple ID can download it and no one with none UK mobile can register online. And yes, they actually confirmed this in writing to me. Sh*t tech 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cinderella said:

It is useless. No one with none UK Apple ID can download it and no one with none UK mobile can register online. And yes, they actually confirmed this in writing to me. Sh*t tech 

Just checked with my wife.  Works fine.

No iPhone or Uk mobile number.  She uses it several times a month with no issue.

Clearly, if what you claimed was correct, it would have been pulled by now.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Anthony Ingham said:

Just checked with my wife.  Works fine.

No iPhone or Uk mobile number.  She uses it several times a month with no issue.

Clearly, if what you claimed was correct, it would have been pulled by now.

Sorry but this was two weeks ago. So, no, it was impossible to either download the app or register online. But sure, call me a liar. D’uh

The app is useful if you live in an area with several car parks you regularly use which have Ringo, it's stupid expecting occasional travellers to start downloading apps, registering etc at 6am on a winter's morning. 

£600k would buy one hell of a token system and barriers, then whatever they collect belongs to the DoI, they are definitely missing out on a lot of car parking revenue!

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Banker said:

You obviously haven’t been through Manchester airport recently, absolute chaos with everyone crammed in , security checks a nightmare ie queues, officers shouting at everyone that any liquids etc found will cause you long delays and then almost taking pleasure when a case is rejected which seemed to be 30/40% .

try getting a seat in departure lounge and this was off peak time 

Yes I've been through Manchester many times and agree with your comments.. However we are not Manchester, it is not correct that we should judge how crap we are at the side of somewhere that is arguably worse !

• Like 2

On a different airport topic. Last night’s Easyjet to Gatwick was a stuff up - friend on it. Incoming plane delayed 20 odd mins. But when departing passengers board, they sit on tarmac. Finally pilot comes down the plane to explain that the delay is because the staff member (Menzies?) responsible for refuelling had instead gone home.

You can’t actually make this up. They had to call him to come back, and he was only handling staff there and also had to do luggage. Result was sitting on tarmac for over an hour. Pilot was so ropeable he came to talk to passengers. 

When Easyjet pulls out, remember this one. Person concerned didn’t get home till after 1am

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Banker said:

It’s £6 for 10 minutes at Bristol

Yes I think it's overpriced.but they have at least spent a lot of money keeping the area efficient and clear.There is a dedicated area of one hour free parking a few minutes from the pick up zone so that you can wait if you are too early.

They have tried to improve the area not just put up prices and left it like a building site .I don't think people mind paying if they can see things getting better.i think they object to paying more for things just getting worse.

1 minute ago, Cinderella said:

So I gathered but don’t respond well to being told I am lying

I don’t say you were lying.

I don’t doubt you couldn’t make it work. I pointed out that thousands of others have made it work fine.  Probably millions through the Ukr 

• Haha 1

Just now, Cyril Servant said:

He just does it because he’s a mental. He’ll have a big old stiffy behind his keyboard knowing you replied to his totally mental made up shit. 

I have seen that he has form

Just now, Anthony Ingham said:

I don’t say you were lying.

I don’t doubt you couldn’t make it work. I pointed out that thousands of others have made it work fine.  Probably millions through the Ukr 

What you are saying, effectively, was that it is fine because your wife could use it (but stuff anyone else). And this is an island that wants to attract tourists…. 

11 hours ago, emesde said:

Just imagine if Tesco said .that from now on there will only be one way you can pay for our services . No consultation ,we will choose the method. And by the way we are going to charge you to park in our car park several pounds a day.

There would be such an outcry yet that isn't very different from what the Government have done at the airport .

Yet the Government Shills are on here saying how wonderful our system is and comparing it with anywhere they can find more expensive .even though price hasn't really been the issue .

Just imagine if Tesco said you can only get the special offer prices if you sign up to our app or fill in a form to get a Clubcard . And then they went on to sell the data from your shopping to manufacturers. And after that the manufacturers indirectly charged you back the cost of all of that in the product price ! 

Some of that sounds similar to Ringo to me . 

1 hour ago, IOM said:

Just imagine if Tesco said you can only get the special offer prices if you sign up to our app or fill in a form to get a Clubcard . And then they went on to sell the data from your shopping to manufacturers. And after that the manufacturers indirectly charged you back the cost of all of that in the product price ! 

Some of that sounds similar to Ringo to me . 

I have nothing against Ringo . 

Although when you look at their trust pilot reviews they get a nearly 5% approval rating.despite you never hearing any discontent from the UK 

If you don't like Tesco's operating methods you don't have to use them.

As I say I use M &S 95% of the time.

Or you can use them and  not use a club card etc etc .You have options

When you use the airport car park you have to download an app and you have to pay with that one method.

If you don't like it .....tough 

That is why so many people don't take a car to the airport . 

And why revenues being down despite a large increase in price 

And we are giving a chunk of what money there is to Ringo.

That is the difference choice against compulsion.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, emesde said:

I have nothing against Ringo . 

Although when you look at their trust pilot reviews they get a nearly 5% approval rating.despite you never hearing any discontent from the UK 

If you don't like Tesco's operating methods you don't have to use them.

As I say I use M &S 95% of the time.

Or you can use them and  not use a club card etc etc .You have options

When you use the airport car park you have to download an app and you have to pay with that one method.

If you don't like it .....tough 

That is why so many people don't take a car to the airport . 

And why revenues being down despite a large increase in price 

And we are giving a chunk of what money there is to Ringo.

That is the difference choice against compulsion.

To some extent yes . But there are choices you can get the bus , a taxi , park elsewhere and walk to the airport. Failing all of that you can go on the boat so there are options.