Airport.

Billy kettlefish

14 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

You will still end up with folk who complain that they want to pay with cash..

If that's what the customers want give them a machine that will issue an exit ticket for cash . They used to have 2 machines in the lobby that did exactly that. I don't think COVID killed them However if they don't work now probably a new coin mechanism and a bit of TLC would spring them back to life. It was just the lie about Manx coins not working in them that stopped them being used any more. Last time I saw them they were still in place with posters saying not in use and advertising Ringo.

• Like 5

If DBC returned to pay and display it would only cost them neww ticket machines as no body was made redundant from the parking inspectors, another bunch of assholes lying saying it would pay for itself in savings. How same amount of staff now you have to pay for use of NPR system and still have ticket/pay stations.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

That is so naive. If you want to be well thought of  you have to build a large dept . So getting rid of people is a no no. Even though they may not be needed  .

(Sorry if that sounds a bit sarcastic but I have reason to feel that way today)😂

Edited by emesde

6 hours ago, piebaps said:

I travelled through at the weekend. Ringo worked without problems, the staff were friendly and helpful and the planes ran OK too. There was a slight delay on LGW coming home but that was due to French ATC taking industrial action and an earlier rotation being disrupted.

All in all, IOM and LGW both worked perfectly and LGW security staff are amazingly friendly and an example for others to follow.

I think you just got lucky 😀

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, emesde said:

If that's what the customers want give them a machine that will issue an exit ticket for cash . They used to have 2 machines in the lobby that did exactly that. I don't think COVID killed them However if they don't work now probably a new coin mechanism and a bit of TLC would spring them back to life. It was just the lie about Manx coins not working in them that stopped them being used any more. Last time I saw them they were still in place with posters saying not in use and advertising Ringo.

Why would we want then to spend money on an antiquated system. No need for barriers and machines- either cash or not. Anyone with half a brain can use an app. If you haven't got a brain or are a bit past it then go to the information desk where they are very helpful. 

Edited by Happier diner
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Why would we want then to spend money on an antiquated system. No need for barriers and machines- either cash or not. Anyone with half a brain can use an app. If you haven't got a brain or are a bit past it then go to the information desk where they are very helpful. 

But it's probably >£100k off island...I've worked with a dozen people here that could put a professional version together here. And keep the money here.

• Like 3

Just now, Albert Tatlock said:

But it's probably >£100k off island...I've worked with a dozen people here that could put a professional version together here. And keep the money here.

I'm sure they could. That sounds a good idea to me. 

5 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

But why send money to a UK firm .....???

4 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Can it be used through a web page? I'm getting app fatigue.