Airport.

Billy kettlefish

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Nellie said:

This is the fault of a few selfish bastards who refused to follow the simple 'Don't leave any vehicles unattended in front of the terminal building.'

Sorry, calling BS on this announcement. Two clues that this has been planned for months: Firstly they have a nice little map ready to go and give to the compliant media. That didn’t get magiced up today. Secondly, I heard that taxi drivers were briefed on this at least a month ago as it affects their access. 

yes there are eejits doing the wrong thing, but this is part of long planned change. Maybe an MHK could FOI papers from DOI- it will be minuted somewhere. And it is part of forcing up parking income from the useless Ringgo app (to say again - noone with non UK Apple ID can download the app, or register online as can’t receive the 2FA to a non UK mobile). 

Edited by Cinderella
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Cobb and his circle jerk friends will have had a hand in this somewhere !

The phrases security and safety are rushing headlong towards this conversation, just as they do with every madcap scheme they come up with. As long debated, we spent via Annie millions on improvements, which made things worse !

Edited by asitis
  • Like 2

"The inner lane will be closed to all traffic with barriers and security staff manning"

Got hold of them barriers and security staff quick.

That said, I'm ok with it. I could do with the exercise 

8 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

A couple of weeks ago, on the day LoganAir made three attempts and then went elsewhere, I was at the waiting for a passenger. I was not in the drop zone but had a clear view of it. During my wait I saw the occasional person wearing hi-viz walk along the front of the building, but nothing was said to the drivers parked in the drop zone. There was not much vehicular traffic at that time (and no air traffic), so there was no problem. I assumed that was par for the course.

I guess people also just assumed that was the way things are - then TT came along and the vehicular traffic graph went skywards. The airport management (or is it DoI) did not foresee the problem, so they had no-one on guard duty when TT unexpectedly turned up.

The airport management constantly like to compare themselves to other airports, but has anyone been to any airport (except maybe the Outer Hebrides) when there are not constantly multiple people in hi-viz waiting to stick a ticket on you?

This is without a shadow of a doubt a problem that has been created by poor management.

I am also very curious about the " ‘near-miss incident’ between an individual and a bus." What effect did people parked in cars contribute to this?

I’ve been several times and particularly on Fridays when 3 easyJet arrivals/departures similar times you can’t get into road due to bastards double parking blocking the road plus the higher road which is for taxis waiting. It’s frequently chaos down there, a parking controller giving out tickets would resolve it. It’s the same issue with selfish bastards parking in pavements at hospital 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lfc84 said:

"The inner lane will be closed to all traffic with barriers and security staff manning"

Got hold of them barriers and security staff quick.

That said, I'm ok with it. I could do with the exercise 

But the big picture is, you have been herded into the Ringo area. Mark my words, within a year, the 15 minutes free will have gone.

11 minutes ago, Cinderella said:

Sorry, calling BS on this announcement. Two clues that this has been planned for months: Firstly they have a nice little map ready to go and give to the compliant media. That didn’t get magiced up today. Secondly, I heard that taxi drivers were briefed on this at least a month ago as it affects their access. 

yes there are eejits doing the wrong thing, but this is part of long planned change. Maybe an MHK could FOI papers from DOI- it will be minuted somewhere. And it is part of forcing up parking income from the useless Ringgo app (to say again - noone with non UK Apple ID can download the app, or register online as can’t receive the 2FA to a non UK mobile). 

We know it's been planned because they even said a week or so ago "we might have to close the lane".

Posted (edited)

Since when have they given a fuck about near misses?

For example...Thirsty pigeon to old HSBC. No zebra crossing or pelican crossing. But I've witnessed plenty of near misses involving busses / other vehicles and pedestrians 

Edited by lfc84

21 minutes ago, Cinderella said:

And it is part of forcing up parking income from the useless Ringgo app

People dropping off will drive into Car Park 1 to the nearest point to the airport building. Stop in the middle of the road to unload luggace, hug, kiss, chat for a while. Meanwhile there will be a queue 200 yards long behind of people intent on the same thing.

When picking up they will wait in nearby roads for a text message, then repeat the same process.

The queues in car park 1 will be horrendous.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Cinderella said:

What other scoops have you got ? Or are you going to keep them all to yourself ?