Airport.

Billy kettlefish

4 minutes ago, WTF said:

i thought the boards in the airport are usually up to date??, it's just the website that isn't. the dream racket is the same , a  last nights sailing was shown as expected at 21:48 ( what a stupidly precise time to publish )  and still showed that same message after it was docked and off loaded. and it docked quite a bit later than 21:48 when it did get here,  i was watching the web cam .

Sorry I meant the online 'Boards', which people use because they are in a familiar format.  The physical ones at the Airport are no use for anyone planning to pick someone up, who are the target audience for these actions.  The fact that they have to update then anyway though does show the failure of the outsourcing model.

2 hours ago, Cinderella said:

There has been no change out front of terminal. Drop off working very smoothly though busy as three London flights going out. 

Perhaps someone in the "C suite" read the incisive critique presented by the ManxForums traffic consultants.

I wonder if they planned to have a No Entry sign on the road by the entrance to Car Park 1, thus forcing everyone into the car park.

If there were no sign there, people would continue towards the airport building - and then find that there was no way forward, and if it is one-way that point, no way back.

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

But there were also taxis waiting in the now-forbidden zone, by the smoking area.  Were these prebooked and have they now taken over what was the 'queue' area for those plying for hire?

Yes/No. They moved from the queuing lane in the outer lane into the three or four spaces  outside the terminal smoking area/inner lane for pick up. Pick up will now be middle lane. Pre booked are staying put, before the entrance road divides into inner, middle, outer.

13 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

And then what happens if it becomes that you are  no longer allowed to park at the front of the Sea Terminal to pick up or drop off friends and family embarking onto, or disembarking from, the boat?

Different circumstances. The airport is a captive audience. The sea terminal is used for many other things, plus there are many other nearby places to drop off.

Besides, maybe the department of incompetence will see sense and make the crescent at the sea terminal the bus station / interchange. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NoTailT said:

One of the great things of our community airport, just being able to walk out straight to family and in to the car.

Another nail, albeit a small one, in the coffin of this declining Island - and the hammerers are the cretins in our Parish Council and Civil Couldn't-provide-a-service-if-it-tried.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

That drop off change is seriously the dumbest idea they've come up with in quite some time.

It's certainly up near the top of the charts - next to the Corpy bin collections.

4 hours ago, When Skies are Grey V2 said:

Memory unlocked - the coin operated tellies - I recall having a day trip from Douglas to visit them!! 🙂 

I don't remember coin TV's here. I can remember seeing them in Bangor, Maine when I was about 10 but they were all black and white. And then not ever seeing them anywhere else.

10 minutes ago, piebaps said:

It's certainly up near the top of the charts - next to the Corpy bin collections.

What happened there? Sorry, not following that story. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

What happened there? Sorry, not following that story. 

You can only empty your bins by taxi or use the RingGo app. 

ETA, perhaps the BinGo app? 

Edited by Gladys
  • Haha 5