Airport.

Billy kettlefish

10 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I don't remember coin TV's here. I can remember seeing them in Bangor, Maine when I was about 10 but they were all black and white. And then not ever seeing them anywhere else.

I think they had them in Blackpool Airport too.  IIRC it was 50p a go, quite a lot of money then. 

• Like 1

Just now, Banker said:

Yes

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/airport-confirms-u-turn-following-feedback/

wardens issuing tickets now, wait for the next howls eg I was only checking the boards, getting cash , going to the toilet etc etc as excuse for leaving car unattended!!

Well, that is fair enough.  Most people are objecting because the lack of enforcement created the problem and rather than address the cause, a lunatic measure was (or wasn't in actual fact) introduced. 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I don't remember coin TV's here. I can remember seeing them in Bangor, Maine when I was about 10 but they were all black and white. And then not ever seeing them anywhere else.

They were b&w, 2/- a pop, a florin, so it was pre decimal. They were on the, then,  open verandah/landing above where check in desks are now. Glazed off as offices for many years now.

i worked for Mylchreests car hire in the old baggage reclaim hall for summer 76. They’d gone by then.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gladys said:

You can only empty your bins by taxi or use the RingGo app. 

ETA, perhaps the BinGo app? 

Now you’ve given me an idea… 

033C0C16-F68F-4B9C-94E9-CEDCC9018CB1.jpeg

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I suspect Oor Jason has already put a question in for the next Keys over this farrago asking who is responsible.  The Manx Radio Facebook post on their story now has over 500 comments.  They are ....not complimentary. 

What he needs to do is question common sense. Pickup lane crosses buses and taxis path. The lanes are the wrong way around. And, charge the perpetrators! 

3 minutes ago, Cambon said:

What he needs to do is question common sense. Pickup lane crosses buses and taxis path. The lanes are the wrong way around. And, charge the perpetrators! 

Jason is the last person to ask a question about common sense, he hasn’t got any!!!

55 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The photo is dated 1973, so before your time I expect.  And if John is right about them being gone by 1978, they didn't last.  I don't think they were that popular, not just because of the cost, but the whole point of that upper gallery was to look at the planes and the wider view and tiny b&w televisions were something people could look at at home.

I think the gallery went in the early 80s to be converted into offices.  So silly high tech gimmicks and expanding the number of managers and admin aren't new things for the Island.

10 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I suspect Oor Jason has already put a question in for the next Keys over this farrago asking who is responsible.  The Manx Radio Facebook post on their story now has over 500 comments.  They are ....not complimentary. 

Mr Moorehouse to the DOI Minister

When was the decision made, what prior consultation and impact assessment was undertaken, and why did it take half the Island's residents complaining to show it was a ridiculous and ill-conceived idea?

(or similar)

supplementary Mr Moorehouse

will the Minister confirm this is a complete shit show, which makes his department look even more incompetent. Is this the quickest political turnaround ever, and what's he going to do to the dickheads who have embarrassed him like this.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3