Airport.

Billy kettlefish

14 minutes ago, Cambon said:

What he needs to do is question common sense. Pickup lane crosses buses and taxis path. The lanes are the wrong way around. And, charge the perpetrators! 

But buses and taxis are drop off as well as collection, so they need to be next to the terminal.  And the inside lane is probably safer to cross when they're using it than loads of drivers jockeying for a space.  For buses there's also the width problem and having to move the bus shelter, blocking the narrow island.  So the current way round is probably better.

1 hour ago, Utah 01 said:

Civil Couldn't-provide-a-service-if-it-tried.

The recent bullying payouts would suggest they're not so Civil either. 

• Like 1

In situations as in front of the airport building, any time a vehicle hits a pedestrian it is the fault of the driver - with one exception: if someone comes out of the airport building like a sprinter out of the blocks, and dives in front of the bus.

It should be treated like a big pedestrian crossing. Extreme care should be used. Did not the DoI have plans for a "mixed use" area on the prom.?

[And didn't Longworth hit a taxi there?]

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

To think the people who came up with this shit actually get paid is mad. 

IMG_4796.jpeg

Calling JW.  Any idea where we might find the regulations relating to the issuing of fixed penalty notices? I have never heard of anyone being issued with one in the +40 years that I've been on the Island.

27 minutes ago, Banker said:

Jason is the last person to ask a question about common sense, he hasn’t got any!!!

A matter of opinion I guess, but he's not a shill or nodding dog.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Andy Onchan said:

Calling JW.  Any idea where we might find the regulations relating to the issuing of fixed penalty notices? I have never heard of anyone being issued with one in the +40 years that I've been on the Island.

There definitely needs to be the legislation in place to support ticketing, that was the problem on Market Street where the double yellow lines did not have a supporting order so therefore unenforceable.

42 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Well they issued them at hospital for a while to stop the tossers who park on pavements between the no parking cones but they’re creeping back again.

Just have a tow truck parked in very visible positions with signs saying offenders will be towed , release fee £200

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well they issued them at hospital for a while to stop the tossers who park on pavements between the no parking cones but they’re creeping back again.

Just have a tow truck parked in very visible positions with signs saying offenders will be towed , release fee £200

Yes indeed. I note that the statement says "May issue Fixed Penalty" it should say "Will issue...."

We are miles too soft wrt parking infringements here and everyone knows it.... and a good minority abuse it.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Democracy by social media, frightening when we pay people to make stupid decisions on our behalf!

Fixed.  In no way was this a sensible decision, yet we are still paying whoever made it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

Fixed.  In no way was this a sensible decision, yet we are still paying whoever made it. 

Well I will give them a (small) amount of credit for rolling it back in the face of unpopular opinion. Presumably this has come down from Crookall - in the past we've seen Departments dig in on pointless battles and refuse to reverse changes to save face. 

• Like 1

It's a private road - it's closed off Xmas Day to keep it a permissible road under the rules.

Fixed penalty should be replaced with a fixed fee - of £1000 to leave a car unattended (i.e. Parked) on that stretch of road.  Get out and walk away from the driving seat for anything other than opening a door or the boot - the fee is payable. 

Just slap the invoice payable on the screen.

That should cure the issue over night.