Airport.

Billy kettlefish

35 minutes ago, IOM said:

Why could they then not fly to Ronaldsway after that rather than returning to Bristol it was hardly that long . Was it because they were worried about being late for their flight to Nantes which is where the plane was headed next ?

They can’t sit around all day. The pilot and crew will run out of hours, so it makes sense that they’ll go back to base if there’s any sort of open-ended delay. The plane is going to Nantes and then Prague, so any delays will just get passed down the chain as it is.

12 minutes ago, Banker said:

Only quoting what’s on app and what passenger was told by easyJet so I assume the passengers can quote your legal advice and see where it get them!

The app links to the notice of rights:

https://www.easyjet.com/en/terms-and-conditions/notice-of-rights-for-flight-delays-and-cancellations

The rights are under sections 2 and 3. If EasyJet can’t get you to your destination, you can claim reimbursement for your reasonable costs. This can include alternative forms of transport. I got caught up in the air traffic control issues last August, and had to come back on the ferry from Liverpool; EasyJet reimbursed my ferry ticket.

ETA: Worth pointing out that it is refund OR re-routing, not both. It’s why it is generally inadvisable to accept a refund unless you are not intending to travel.

Edited by Ringy Rose

23 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

Dublin didn't land until 1.37pm. Aircraft left Liverpool about 1.05pm. Should they sit around in Liverpool all afternoon without an idea of when the runway may be open again ?

They were due into Ronaldsway at 12.50 they were diverted to Liverpool . They barely gave it a chance am not sure why they even bothered with Liverpool they may as well have diverted straight back to Bristol . Of course they can’t wait around all afternoon but I would expect at least an hour to see what was going on in this event that would have been more than enough . I am as critical of any airlines including Loganair at times but I just don’t get why people always want to give EasyJet a pass all the time . 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, IOM said:

They were due into Ronaldsway at 12.50 they were diverted to Liverpool . They barely gave it a chance am not sure why they even bothered with Liverpool they may as well have diverted straight back to Bristol . Of course they can’t wait around all afternoon but I would expect at least an hour to see what was going on in this event that would have been more than enough . I am as critical of any airlines including Loganair at times but I just don’t get why people always want to give EasyJet a pass all the time . 

Maybe went to Liverpool for fuel. Aircraft don't make money sat around waiting for airports to reopen.

37 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

Maybe went to Liverpool for fuel. Aircraft don't make money sat around waiting for airports to reopen.

Maybe but I am fairly certain Loganair or Emerald would have tried to keep their customers happy ! Maybe EasyJet think about money first and customers second ! 

• Like 1

Ah yes because the Isle of Man is centre of the universe and everyone should accommodate us over the hundreds of other passengers due to get to other destinations because our airport was closed.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

I thought that.  Although do they do the maintenance themselves? Or is there a local aircraft engineer that does this sort of stuff?  Do they have to have an annual service/MOT?

I know todays incident aircraft goes to Germany for its heavier maintenance.

1 hour ago, IOM said:

Maybe but I am fairly certain Loganair or Emerald would have tried to keep their customers happy

Loganair only keep trying because the aircraft are based here. They cancel the Edinburgh much more quickly as it isn’t flown from here.

Aer Lingus/Emerald are just as happy to cancel as EasyJet are.

The problem is the general aviation aircraft keep crashing. Both the last two incidents have been mechanical failures. Clearly something is not quite right.

50 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

I know todays incident aircraft goes to Germany for its heavier maintenance.

The last one did too, IIRC.

2 hours ago, The Phantom said:

I thought that.  Although do they do the maintenance themselves? Or is there a local aircraft engineer that does this sort of stuff?  Do they have to have an annual service/MOT?

They have inspections and bills that make a Ferrari look cheap, every 50hrs, then 100 hrs, then annually, then 3 years then six years, stuff on calendar time and flight time, many expensive parts thrown in the bin after a few hours simply because the calendar says so. They have a company overseeing all the time and date maintenance and monitoring bulletins and Airworthiness directives published by engine manufacturers , airframe manufacturers and onboard equipment etc etc, this is in addition to the maintenance company actually handling the spanners. Most have to go to a 145 organisation which had audited staff and approved maintenance premises. All this and more applies to the aircraft that had the puncture today and to the twin which had a gear failure.

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

the aircraft are based here

....and therein lies the key to a reliable service for the Island (I'm not necessarily advocating that Loganair is it, though).

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

The problem is the general aviation aircraft keep crashing

Most of your posts are usually correct and informative - but on this you are absolutely clueless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

Ah yes because the Isle of Man is centre of the universe and everyone should accommodate us over the hundreds of other passengers due to get to other destinations because our airport was closed.

I don’t think the Isle of Man is the centre of the universe and I don’t believe I have ever said anything like that . But it’s not unreasonable to expect a standard of service and in the case of the Bristol flight EasyJet waiting an hour at Liverpool. Is that really asking that much ? 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, lfc84 said:

Today marks the first day that easyJet have cancelled a flight due to a reason within their control for many, many months

Yes I agree and actually they have been a lot better than Loganair in recent weeks and months who have been a shambles ! 

• Like 2