Airport.

Billy kettlefish

23 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Shut up, don't tell everyone. I always use Athol and get my car cleaned/valeted - it's the only time it happens. Park right next to the terminal, never had to wait more than a few minutes on return.  Great value compared with parking on the official site and coming back to find your car's been towed away because you returned an hour late.

Mylchreests for me. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Cinderella said:

Gatwick flight tonight cancelled. Easyjet have been cancelling a heap of flights all over this week 

easyJet have cancelled more flights to/from IOM in the last seven days than they have in the previous ten weeks! Various factors at play, including ATC across Europe, tech aircraft and a runway closure at Gatwick, but at this time of year, their resilience is never enough.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cinderella said:

Gatwick flight tonight cancelled. Easyjet have been cancelling a heap of flights all over this week 

Apparently a plane broke down on gatwick runway earlier causing delays so I guess they just canceled IOM , as someone mentioned they’ve been cancelling flights all over Uk this week 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cllynl5yl81o.amp

Edited by Banker

54 minutes ago, Banker said:

Apparently a plane broke down on gatwick runway earlier causing delays so I guess they just canceled IOM , as someone mentioned they’ve been cancelling flights all over Uk this week 

The plane was an hour late out of Milan this morning, and then had to do a Barcelona rotation before coming here. So cancellation was always on the cards even before the Gatwick runway blockage.

Add to that the fact Swanwick/Gatwick ATC were short staffed this morning and there are French & Italian ATC strikes…

1 hour ago, Banker said:

That is the reason it was cancelled.

An hour delay wouldn't have been a problem.

If you look at Gatwick arrivals and departures there's loads of easyjet Gatwick arrivals and departures cancelled not just here. :)

The MAN flight doesnt have a reason for cancellation so presuming tech

1 hour ago, swoopy2110 said:

The MAN flight doesnt have a reason for cancellation so presuming tech

all the delays and cancellations mean planes aren't in position for future flights so i'd say positioning rather than tech was the reason for IOM cancellation

31 minutes ago, WTF said:

all the delays and cancellations mean planes aren't in position for future flights so i'd say positioning rather than tech was the reason for IOM cancellation

I'd disagree. When a delayis attributable to weather, ATC, or some other external factor, easyJet always say so, and make it clear it's an 'exceptional circumstance' that means they won't pay UK261 compensation. There is no attempt to explain why MAN-IOM-MAN was cancelled which suggests it was something they they were responsible for. 

ETA - the assigned aircraft got back to MAN at 15.32 and did not fly again for the rest of today. A round trip to Berlin this evening was also cancellled, so most likely a tech or crewing issue.

Edited by Nellie
  • Like 1

Lots of EZY passenger to MAN last night had early flights to catch, so ended up on Manxman (£71) to Heysham and taxi (£150). Of course Costa at the sea terminal was closed while they queued. Quite a lot for EZY to pay out.

2 hours ago, Harry Lamb said:

Lots of EZY passenger to MAN last night had early flights to catch, so ended up on Manxman (£71) to Heysham and taxi (£150). Of course Costa at the sea terminal was closed while they queued. Quite a lot for EZY to pay out.

No pilot available. The passengers were on board on time at Manchester to come over, so hopefully all will get compensation too

38 minutes ago, keith lard said:

No pilot available. The passengers were on board on time at Manchester to come over, so hopefully all will get compensation too

Passengers here were told it was ATC at MCR - any lie will do.

• 2 weeks later...