Airport.

Billy kettlefish

If anyone hasn't checked, this evening's Gatwick operated by the world's crappiest airline has an 1935 departure time, already slipped from 1835. What's that old, hackneyed saying: you get what you deserve; the easyjet shit-show.

53 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

If anyone hasn't checked, this evening's Gatwick operated by the world's crappiest airline has an 1935 departure time, already slipped from 1835. What's that old, hackneyed saying: you get what you deserve; the easyjet shit-show.

I'm supposed to be on an easyjet to gatwick tomorrow, hope this kind of thing doesn't happen for that one. It was on time last Friday, I pointed it out to the boy "this time next week... hopefully"

1 hour ago, Utah 01 said:

We were on Monday nights shit show belt conveyor broke at LGW sat onboard for 80 mins while they sorted it then the Menzies shitshow here took 30 mins to get the bags of, you’d think they’d be getting the hang of it now after seven years but I suppose it’s the old peanuts and monies scenario

17 minutes ago, Bosun Bill said:

We were on Monday nights shit show belt conveyor broke at LGW sat onboard for 80 mins while they sorted it then the Menzies shitshow here took 30 mins to get the bags of, you’d think they’d be getting the hang of it now after seven years but I suppose it’s the old peanuts and monies scenario

Sorry to hear of your problems. Was there any allowance made at LGW  ( ie letting off the plane) for those travelers with hand luggage only who didn’t have to wait for the conveyor. Either way why keep you on the plane? just let you off so you can stretch your legs. 
I get a bit claustrophobic and wouldn’t want to sit in cramped conditions in a crowded plane for any longer than necessary 

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

I'm supposed to be on an easyjet to gatwick tomorrow, hope this kind of thing doesn't happen for that one. It was on time last Friday, I pointed it out to the boy "this time next week... hopefully"

The morning rotation is pretty reliable, and generally runs (more or less) to time.

The evening rotation is a disaster, as it has been every July and August for years, and is currently achieving 'on time performance' of c10%. So, it's on schedule about once or twice a fortnight. You pay your money, and roll the dice.

• Like 2

Just now, Nellie said:

The morning rotation is pretty reliable, and generally runs (more or less) to time.

The evening rotation is a disaster, as it has been every July and August for years, and is currently achieving 'on time performance' of c10%. So, it's on schedule about once or twice a fortnight. You pay your money, and roll the dice.

It's the evening one I've gambled on. Sigh.

• Sad 1

At least it's not getting cancelled regularly this summer though now they've moved the time forward. Although delayed, at least it's getting people to where they want to be.

Planes get delayed all over the world on a daily basis. The planes are going all over Europe and are naturally going to get stuck in peak summer traffic.

7 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

At least it's not getting cancelled regularly this summer though now they've moved the time forward. Although delayed, at least it's getting people to where they want to be.

Planes get delayed all over the world on a daily basis. The planes are going all over Europe and are naturally going to get stuck in peak summer traffic.

Yes, easyJet learned, after seven or eight years, that having the LGW-IOM-LGW departing after 19.00 was costing them a lot of disruption costs, so the move to c18.15 has meant they can, as you say, get people to where they want to be, despite the dismal OTP score. 

And you're right, there is a certain amount of peak season disruption, but, more often than not, the evening Gatwick delays are due to the length of time it takes to turn the plane around at Gatwick, versus the time they have allowed in the schedule. For example, tonight took 92 minutes, rather than the scheduled 35!  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Utah 01 said:

Average delay at Gatwick today - 70mins. Probably more to do with European ATC knock ons, and various airports being crap at turning planes around. Not sure you can blame easyjet for that. 

12 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Sorry to hear of your problems. Was there any allowance made at LGW  ( ie letting off the plane) for those travelers with hand luggage only who didn’t have to wait for the conveyor. Either way why keep you on the plane? just let you off so you can stretch your legs. 
I get a bit claustrophobic and wouldn’t want to sit in cramped conditions in a crowded plane for any longer than necessary 

It was the LGW- IOM sector boarded us at 1825 with an 1840 T/O slot then the belt broke so just kept telling us it’ll be fixed ASAP eventually left at 1945 no offer of refreshment or anything standard easyJet I’m guessing as we don’t use them unless we’ve no other options

9 hours ago, cheesypeas said:

Average delay at Gatwick today - 70mins. Probably more to do with European ATC knock ons, and various airports being crap at turning planes around. Not sure you can blame easyjet for that. 

EasyJet must take some of the blame for the slow turnarounds as they only pay peanuts they get monkeys doing the job Menzies IOM  being a prime example

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bosun Bill said:

I suppose it’s the old peanuts and monies scenario

Yes but what do people expect when in some cases a ticket is £25 ? You get what you pay for and unfortunately people don’t seem to want to pay a sensible sustainable fare price so the service you get is going to be compromised. Certainly not my choice but a lot of people just don’t get it ! 

• Like 2