Airport.

Billy kettlefish

Fantastic opportunity came up = I can no longer work with the political leadership or the clowns in Cabinet Office. Anywhere is better than here.

How long did I have to remain in post before my relocation expenses were no longer repayable?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Anyone surprised . You don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes but the continued ATC issues and the seemingly failure of departments and staff to converse and have a realistic plan is glaringly obvious. Our leaders are so out of their comfort zone and it’s clear it’s not getting better anytime soon. Reynolds and that other clown has a lot to answer for but so has out Chief Minister and those below . There’s also , in my opinion , a clear cock up over Jurby press releases  

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mercenary said:

Overall seemed a positive contribution and shame not staying for longer. A few blips with the parking fiasco and Jurby, but other than that seemed to be spending effort in the right places.

Wanted changed. Wanted to get the airport upgraded. No doubt was promised the earth by his bosses and then denied at every opportunity.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

What a coincidence …..two years up… Good gig if you can get it . 

I disagree... the relocation expense is up to £10k. Moving on/off the IoM is easily £5k per move so a director level employee is not going to be going into this thinking they will leave as soon as the relocation expires. It's likely he saw the IoM position as a stepping stone to other director positions but that is anticipated for any career motivated individual.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mercenary said:

I disagree... the relocation expense is up to £10k. Moving on/off the IoM is easily £5k per move so a director level employee is not going to be going into this thinking they will leave as soon as the relocation expires. It's likely he saw the IoM position as a stepping stone to other director positions but that is anticipated for any career motivated individual.

£4500 NI rebate, probably lots of other handouts like his rent or mortgage getting paid for two years. 

9 minutes ago, Mercenary said:

As I've always said lets get a good manager in who wants to manage the airport, somebody local perhaps this time !

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

Wanted changed. Wanted to get the airport upgraded. No doubt was promised the earth by his bosses and then denied at every opportunity.

He managed to get a load of well-paid senior roles created at the airport..

• Like 3