Airport.

Billy kettlefish

4 hours ago, Banker said:

Well Cobb was experienced but living in a goldfish bowl here and facing personal abuse every time something goes wrong even when easyJet cancel flights/schedules, no sandwiches in Costa etc.

Have you any examples where Mr Cobb was personally abused due to a lack of sandwiches in Costa?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Have you any examples where Mr Cobb was personally abused due to a lack of sandwiches in Costa?

On Facebook, various people when planes delayed & no food left to buy 

4 hours ago, Happier diner said:

In many cases you can homegrow a skill and then the buggers leave to go and work in the UK. In theory it evens itself out but it does mean we have to get people from the UK for all sorts of skills. 

It's a good job not everyone has the same attitude to training or we'd have no one to import.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

It's a good job not everyone has the same attitude to training or we'd have no one to import.

What attitude is that? 

How would you propose to offer a ATC course on Island for less than 1 person per year and then force them to stay employed on island?

21 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

What attitude is that? 

How would you propose to offer a ATC course on Island for less than 1 person per year and then force them to stay employed on island?

For some reason here ATC seems not a happy place to work !

23 hours ago, 2112 said:

Unfortunately I think that whoever IOMG recruits, as a new airport boss, won’t last long. Nobody in their right mind will want to have to deal with our politicos and civil servants interference on a daily basis, then when something goes awry, the airport boss is left carrying the can. 

I honestly believe that the main issue here is as always, nobody is carrying the can for anything !

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, asitis said:

For some reason here ATC seems not a happy place to work !

Principally because its not great on your CV if you have aspirations to work elsewhere in the world. 9 arrivals and 9 departures in total today..not exactly premier league in the ATC world.

In contrast, Guernsey an island less than half the size of the Isle of Man with a smaller population has 25 arrivals and 25 departures.

Edited by Manx Bean
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Manx Bean said:

Principally because its not great on your CV if you have aspirations to work elsewhere in the world. 9 arrivals and 9 departures in total today..not exactly premier league in the ATC world.

In contrast, Guernsey an island less than half the size of the Isle of Man with a smaller population has 25 arrivals and 25 departures.

Do we know the volume of private aviation? 

It won't be huge, but are there any figures? 

43 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Do we know the volume of private aviation? 

It won't be huge, but are there any figures? 

about half what it was 10 years ago , other posters may have figures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess we can judge for ourselves what progress there has been in two years, in particular with the "masterplan"...?

Screenshot_20240817-091658_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240817-091359_Samsung Internet.jpg

16 hours ago, Kopek said:

Why are the '' politicos and CS'' beingt blamed when Cobb himself said he had an offer he couldn't refuse???

Yeah, fuck off before we sack you. This does not look good coming so close to the Jurby affair, so I'm guessing he had a lot more to do with its instigation than is being said.  So this is not going to look good on my linky-dink so I'm offski before being pushed. Will this not make it to his profile , you know a bit like Magson. And I know its all a figment of my imagination but I've never been one to let truth get in the way of a good rumour.   🤫 

Flight Management System £300M!  That would go quite a way to building that new airport. Are they relocating London Centre here?

Smart-arsed salesman spots another bunch of thick locals to flog an unneeded, overpriced toy to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4