Airport.

Billy kettlefish

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

NOTAM, USC ? We’re not all familiar with such aviation acronyms. Got the BST bit though.

UTC= what we used to call Greenwich Mean Time. It's not an aviation term, specifically, and seems to have largely displaced poor old GMT.

NOTAM = Notice to Airmen

2 minutes ago, Nellie said:

UTC= what we used to call Greenwich Mean Time

Apparently it stands for Coordinated Universal Time. At least with GMT the letters are in the correct order.

It is just as well it isn't Normalised time.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Two-lane said:

In a lot of air accidents, included the worst - KLM and Pan Am in Tenerife, happen because someone thinks they know best.

I think the cause was the use of the phrase "take off" where a captain thought he was cleared to take off. As a direct consequence, RT procedure now precludes the phrase "Take off " until such time as the tower issues a take off clearance. Crew never use the phrase take off until acknowledging that clearance, prior to that, taxi for departure is now used instead.

9 minutes ago, lfc84 said:

Number 6 tracked flight in the world has landed. Be interesting to hear the reason that the passengers have been given 

I noticed that too. It had been No.4 when it was holding! VisitIOM will be claiming that as proof of increased interest in the Island! 

Edited by Nellie
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, lfc84 said:

Stu Peters , the gift that keeps on giving. Yeah right ..we have no money because of the consistent cock ups and zero supervision on projects. Add in the failure to look into potential projects effectively in a business like manner . Ohhhh , and add in the completely top heavy structures at management level in all departments. Shall I go on. Government Is a joke and that goes for lots of the MHK’s too. What part does he not get that without suitable numbers of ATC’s planes don’t land. HR need to be taken to task too over multiple issues when clearly people have been employed without the necessary skills needed. Last time I looked the public pays its taxes !!  ,And as for  parking fees! , do the MHK’s pay  . It seems not. Get a ******* grip of the CS and stop this unnecessarily hemorrhaging of our finances. And to give a lame paragraph as SP has done above sums it all up.  
Ohhhhhh , there’s no sign of government cutting back as the increases in staff levels in government would confirm. 

Edited by Numbnuts

4 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Stu Peters , the gift that keeps on giving. Yeah right ..we have no money because of the consistent cock ups and zero supervision on projects. Add in the failure to look into potential projects effectively in a business like manner . Ohhhh , and add in the completely top heavy structures at management level in all departments. Shall I go in. Government Is a joke and that goes for lots of the MHK’s too. What part does he not get that without suitable numbers of ATC’s planes don’t land. HR need to be taken to task too over multiple issues when clearly people have been employed without the necessary skills needed. Last time I looked the public pays its taxes !!  ,And as for  parking fees! , do the MHK’s pay  . It seems not. Get a ******* grip of the CS and stop this unnecessarily hemorrhaging of our finances. And to give a lame paragraph as SP has done above sums it all up.  
Ohhhhhh , there’s no sign of government cutting back as the increases in staff levels in government would confirm. 

His post was 1 year ago. Still relevant 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lfc84 said:

His post was 1 year ago. Still relevant 

Very relevant. Where has it improved in the last 12 months . In any area . Maybe health care has more staff . Wait till we hear the cost of Liverpool landing stage ! Funny how they don’t know that !. And currently it looks like the airport is no further on with ATC staff than from a year ago. Ohhhh and the newly recruited head at the airport is off as soon as he’s worked his notice. 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

Just to say. My dealings with staff in government at below management level has been exemplary and tax office , treasury and Manx Utilities staff answering the phone have been nothing but first class , pleasant and engaging. And more importantly dealt quickly with the issues . Compare that to the no reply’s from MHK’s and senior staff says it all. 

• Like 1