Airport.

Billy kettlefish

29 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

Who still pays with cash these days !

Alternately, change the IOM pound coin to the same as the UK over a period of time. 

So why didn't they use the same size blanks as the UK pound coins ,  when they decided  to  mint the new toy town money but like everything else they seem to do ,we have got to be different , and seen  put our own identity  on things,    even if it costs us hundreds of thousands of pounds to achieve  it , without thinking of the on going consequences ,and problems that easily can be avoided ,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quite a few people missed the Manchester flights at the weekend due to inability to check people through. Searches taking to long despite people allegedly arriving 2 hrs before flight departure.  Belts not working again also aparently . Airport is a total mess ! 

A few had to buy ticket for later flight at £155 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Quite a few people missed the Manchester flights at the weekend due to inability to check people through. Searches taking to long despite people allegedly arriving 2 hrs before flight departure.  Belts not working again also aparently . Airport is a total mess ! 

Did we not splurge some £300K to supposedly cure the problem of wait times in security a few years ago?.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Disgraceful.  Should be some remedy for a claim against government. 

21 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Did we not splurge some £300K to supposedly cure the problem of wait times in security a few years ago?.

Once again I can't resist providing the usual response. And by the way, I recall seeing a later figure of £670,000 - but I don't know what else that included.

86249953_86249956_Examiner.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

Those that want to just see Easyjet serving the island should reflect. Part of the problem is a few flights clustered together ( 156 seats to 186 each flight) so that a lot of people are trying to move through the airport at once. Its what happens when all you want is cheap fares with high volume low frequency . People will end up having to get to the airport 3-4 hours in advance assumedly they are happy sitting around for such a long time as long they get their cheap ticket! Even though its barely much cheaper by the time bags etc have been added!!! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, IOM said:

Those that want to just see Easyjet serving the island should reflect. Part of the problem is a few flights clustered together ( 156 seats to 186 each flight) so that a lot of people are trying to move through the airport at once. Its what happens when all you want is cheap fares with high volume low frequency . People will end up having to get to the airport 3-4 hours in advance assumedly they are happy sitting around for such a long time as long they get their cheap ticket! Even though its barely much cheaper by the time bags etc have been added!!! 

Don't blame the bloody airline.

If Gov wants to achieve their visitor stats, they need to figure this shit out.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NoTailT said:

I am not blaming the airline . But this is a consequence of low frequency high volume flights if you understood logistics you would see that . 

• Like 1

The ineptitude and chaos at Ronaldsway would make a great pitch to a television production company. A great cast of characters, and with Jezza at the helm, what could possibly go wrong. Buses, Heritage Railways and the Airport ………… can this island get anything right?

I flew out to Liverpool in early January and found from experience that the security is either over zealous or are working to quotas. For example, when I flew out, most of the passengers were singled out for swabbing of their luggage. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Totally this . The problems at the airport are predominately caused by the infrastructure and management. X ray machines not working , ATC issues with flights in holding , car park barriers and yes even baggage trolleys rusted and access for disabled ramp not working.  You get better infrastructure in third world airports. Ohhh , and runway unusable due to cock up on runway lights. None of these issues are anything to do with airlines 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Totally this . The problems at the airport are predominately caused by the infrastructure and management. X ray machines not working , ATC issues with flights in holding , car park barriers and yes even baggage trolleys rusted and access for disabled ramp not working.  You get better infrastructure in third world airports. Ohhh , and runway unusable due to cock up on runway lights. None of these issues are anything to do with airlines 

I suggest you read my post more carefully. I did not blame the problem on the airlines its a consequence of having high volume low frequency services. Its those that think this is the answer I blame because they don't understand what comes with it. And the supposed cheap fares they so crave are not really that cheap by the time you have included bags. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

I had the misfortune to use one of the baggage trollies on Saturday. Pushing a rusted trolley along a very bumpy footpath from the terminal to the long stay car park was very difficult. The dropped kerb here isn't flush with the road so the trolley abruptly halted, tipped and threw the luggage on the floor.

• Like 1