Airport.

Billy kettlefish

If I understand correctly a message I received, the 09:50 IoM to Gatwick landed there and then had to wait 2.5 hours before being able to park due to an ATC rest break. I assume that ground operations had to stop also, therefore no parking attendants.

46 minutes ago, Banker said:

Gatwick flight cancelled again due to delays by easyJet 

Looks like it’s ATC somewhere else so at least it does not appear to be a problem in the Isle of Man . Will be a lot of people inconvenienced though . 

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Gatwick flight cancelled again due to delays by easyJet 

I'm sure EasyJet don't intentionally create delays. It gets held by ATC in Gatwick due to thunder and lightning or held in Europe due to congestion what do you want them to do ? 

Delays that are their responsibility are technical issues.

IOM atc are on a rest break which then causes a knock on to their schedule for the rest of the day. Also not their fault.

10 hours ago, IOM said:

Looks like it’s ATC somewhere else so at least it does not appear to be a problem in the Isle of Man . Will be a lot of people inconvenienced though . 

But IOM government/ATCs etc are being blamed as usual by passengers & families 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

But IOM government/ATCs etc are being blamed as usual by passengers & families 

Agreed unfortunately a lot of people assume when they hear the delay or cancellation is due to ATC that it’s a problem in the Isle of Man and often this is not the case . In this instance it’s entirely wrong to blame Ronaldsway from what it looks like . 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

30 minute turnarounds don’t happen, yet they continue to schedule them.

We had relatives return to Bristol last evening.

I tracked the their aircraft that came into Bristol from Bordeaux and was 50 mins late from there.  That delay was carried forward to its IOM sector and the aircraft arrived here 50 minutes late which, in this age of shambolic schedules, has become an acceptable 'norm'.

However, the aircraft finally departed IOM 105 mins late, a doubling of its already late departure.  Does anyone know what the cause of doubling the flight's delay was here in the our joke of an airport?

1 hour ago, Utah 01 said:

We had relatives return to Bristol last evening.

I tracked the their aircraft that came into Bristol from Bordeaux and was 50 mins late from there.  That delay was carried forward to its IOM sector and the aircraft arrived here 50 minutes late which, in this age of shambolic schedules, has become an acceptable 'norm'.

However, the aircraft finally departed IOM 105 mins late, a doubling of its already late departure.  Does anyone know what the cause of doubling the flight's delay was here in the our joke of an airport?

Probably the joke of an airline that missed it’s slots and then caused delays because other aircraft were scheduled in/out so ask easyJet!

3 hours ago, Utah 01 said:

Could be any number of reasons.

It can’t leave here if it doesn’t have a landing spot at Bristol. Possibly not such an issue at Bristol as it’s quieter, but I’ve been delayed by an hour on Loganair to Heathrow because the flight couldn’t push back until it had an arrival slot.

More likely to be baggage handling, though. Which isn’t owned or controlled by the airport. The contract is between the airline and Menzies. And easyJet have this really clever thing where they schedule four of their jets to arrive in quick succession on a Friday teatime, so if the Bristol was 50 late the assigned baggage handlers will have been working on the next arrival.

Looks like this probably was the issue- the Belfast and Manchester flights were serviced and departed before the Bristol one did. Maybe EasyJet should pay Menzies for more staff or stagger their departure a bit better.

Edited by Ringy Rose
  • Like 1