Airport.

Billy kettlefish

54 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

Loganair break down the fare cost and include APD and airport fees on separate lines. 

From the airport fees book:

£13 APD

£27 departing passenger fee

£1.90 security fee

£0.90 persons with reduced mobility fee

That totals £42.80. Which is what Loganair charge.

I’d be very disappointed- but probably not surprised- if EasyJet get a discount compared to Loganair.

image.thumb.png.aba112edd4d23f50b3b8a6421332f309.png

Understand that is how it is displayed, perhaps it is disingenuous - I would still put money on the airport charges being discounted.

27 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well that’s not what 00s of Facebook comments say particularly Belfast route, also if it doesn’t help why are Scottish islands and Inverness free even if only departing?

It’ll be because of the specifics of those islands, all of which are only served by Loganair under a PSO anyway.

Clearly it suits the Scottish government to leave the loophole in place for departures from Inverness. You’d have to ask them why.

As for the Belfast route, EasyJet’s weekend service is why Emerald couldn’t make their daily service pay. EasyJet’s price dumping on that route reduces connectivity, it doesn’t improve it. 

The complaints about the Belfast route don’t stack up anyway. For much of Northern Ireland it’s pretty much as quick to fly to Dublin and get the express coaches from there as it is to fly to Belfast International, which is an absolute pain in the arse to get to. It’s what I usually do when going to Ireland, with the added bonus of picking up a bottle of duty free Jameson and 200 tabs on the way back.

27 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well that’s not what 00s of Facebook comments say particularly Belfast route, also if it doesn’t help why are Scottish islands and Inverness free even if only departing?

It’ll be because of the specifics of those islands, all of which are only served by Loganair under a PSO anyway.

Clearly it suits the Scottish government to leave the loophole in place for departures from Inverness. You’d have to ask them why.

As for the Belfast route, EasyJet’s weekend service is why Emerald couldn’t make their daily service pay. EasyJet’s price dumping on that route reduces connectivity, it doesn’t improve it. 

The complaints about the Belfast route don’t stack up anyway. For much of Northern Ireland it’s pretty much as quick to fly to Dublin and get the express coaches from there as it is to fly to Belfast International, which is an absolute pain in the arse to get to. It’s what I usually do when going to Ireland, with the added bonus of picking up a bottle of duty free Jameson and 200 tabs on the way back.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, manxman8180 said:

Understand that is how it is displayed, perhaps it is disingenuous - I would still put money on the airport charges being discounted.

I’m not sure it will be in this case, Loganair can’t put tax/charges in and then not pay the tax onwards. There’s also no incentive for Loganair to lie about it, they can just make the fare component higher.

Any help Loganair receive will be in the background not the foreground, like it was on the London City route.