Airport.

Billy kettlefish

19 minutes ago, hoopsaa said:

I know if I'm going anywhere now, I leave a day before I need to

I quiett often book a through ticket with British Airways, once you’ve factored everything in it’s not normally any more expensive than booking separately through Manchester. The benefit of a through ticket is that if a flight get delayed or cancelled then the rebooking is their problem.

I’ve even recently done a package holiday through BA Holidays. Worked really well, dumped my bags at Ronaldsway and picked them up again in Spain.

19 minutes ago, hoopsaa said:

I know if I'm going anywhere now, I leave a day before I need to

I quiett often book a through ticket with British Airways, once you’ve factored everything in it’s not normally any more expensive than booking separately through Manchester. The benefit of a through ticket is that if a flight get delayed or cancelled then the rebooking is their problem.

I’ve even recently done a package holiday through BA Holidays. Worked really well, dumped my bags at Ronaldsway and picked them up again in Spain.

Some uplifting airport related news for a change.

Recently I had occasion to forgo non refundable flights with both EasyJet and Loganair.

I contacted both to obtain a refund of Air Passenger Tax ( or whatever it’s called -a not insubstantial percentage of the whole cost of each ticket)

Contacted Loganair by phone, EasyJet via their online form. Both provided a refund into my bank account in a matter of days.

I know this pales into comparison when set against all the cancelled flights, ATC issues etc but it’s some small comfort

15 hours ago, asitis said:

Gatwick cancelled tonight apparently

One thing that was pointed out at the Conference was that it was usually Gatwick flights that were the problem and Gatwick were apologising for cancellations due to their own ATC problems as recently as last week.  It's not just ATC though, Gatwick made massive cutbacks when Covid struck, and like a lot of business have never managed to get 100% operational since.  But they're back in profit, so why should they care about providing a worse service?

The rumours of Jeff Pugh getting the director role must be wrong, surely?

This man is the current Head of Air Traffic Control and has overseen the worst period of ATC at ronaldsway in living memory - but they now want to hand him the keys to kingdom?

Am I dreaming?? This is madness the man needs a P45 not a promotion!!!!

• Thanks 1