Airport.

Billy kettlefish

11 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Probably other places paid more. Can’t see anyone staying working there for minimum wage and a crap environment and the likely travel and early starts involved. Having said that was a girl working in the Costa the other week and she was first class and very quick. Bet she’s gone already .

I was on about the rendezvous lounge inside the departure area. Are they also on minimum wage .. I know that the costa etc staff are on minimum wages..

On 10/4/2024 at 10:49 PM, Stu Peters said:

And we’ve been advertising for ATCO’s for some time, so it’s hardly an either or choice.

I think you may have been misled Stu.

I am led to believe that there have not been any advertisements for ATCOs several months. The reason for this is that the HoATS (now interim AD) does not think he needs to as he is sure all of his students will pass their courses - this despite a high failure rate historically

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Ivory Tower said:

It’s a fib, the MHK’s are good at those. 

And are required by protocol to believe, without question, whatever their CS tell them. Further to that, they are also required by protocol to publicly support and defend whatever their CS tell them, despite frequently having little or no connection with or knowledge of the subject in question.

Which is why we are where we are, in multiple situations; because nobody will question anything, even when it's overt, bare-faced lies.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

But who's going to buy 24 MHKs?

We don't need to sell them, there's another option in our current predicament and one that's likely to be as productive as anything that they are currently coming up with...

Screenshot_20240710-163603_Facebook.jpg

• Haha 1

As far as aircraft accidents go, a relatively low speed run off the end off the runway is likely to be survivable (for some), even if into water.

If that happens here the airport plan is to phone Douglas lifeboat.

I had not realised the Douglas lifeboat house is condemned.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/lifeboat-institution-committed-to-finding-long-term-solution-for-douglas-rnli/

"The lifeboat is moored on the outside of the wall.
The crew have to go to a shipping container where their gear is and get changed there.
They then get a mini-bus around to the sea terminal and then climb down onto the boat."

It's a plan. About par for the course for IoM gov.

• Sad 2

Curiouser. I was definitely led to believe we were advertising for more, need to find the source. As to believing what CS tell us, of course we do. Until it looks like we’ve been misinformed.

• Like 1