Airport.

Billy kettlefish

3 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

So maybe make them step aside and let the prepared folk through first?

Its a nice suggestion but in my experience these same people don't like being asked to move aside whilst they get sorted or they need the security staff to explain what they need to do.

4 hours ago, IOM said:

I notice that Easyjet are charging over £1000 return from London to Isle of Man in June. I recognise that its TT but fares at this level for an airline that has 'book low cost cheap flights' as its internet banner is quite outrageous in my view and blatant profiteering. I really fail to understand what those people who sing the praises of them see and experience that I dont ! 

Please somebody somewhere sort out the situation on the London route its been going on for far too long we need an early morning and evening departure in addition to Gatwick Eaayjet. 

You are literally obsessed with constantly bashing EasyJet.

In May you can LGW for £49.98 return. Is that low cost and cheap enough for you ? EasyJet offer reasonable fares for the Island public. Book early enough and you'll get a bargain. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

You are literally obsessed with constantly bashing EasyJet.

In May you can LGW for £49.98 return. Is that low cost and cheap enough for you ? EasyJet offer reasonable fares for the Island public. Book early enough and you'll get a bargain. 

I seek to encourage a debate and raise awareness for a problem that exists we cannot continue with one flight a day to London its ridiculous. Until it is I will keep highlighting what I think is not acceptable because this is a forum for sharing views and opinions. However if you think paying over £1000 for a one hour Easyjet flight to Gatwick is fair then please say so. Personally I doubt many people will think it is and the swing between £49 and £1000 is ridiculous. I rather suspect if you went to Shoprite to buy a pint of milk and they asked for £10 you would have something to say because that is the equivalent comparison here. I am sorry but its blatant profiteering and not what is needed for the island. I am at a loss why you think Easyjet commercial behaviour is acceptable. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

So on the basis that you’ve ensured that a pilot is retained on 50% of £100,000 a year on furlough. And written down the lease payments on a multi million pound fleet that been sat idle and other expenses. How much do you think a flight to the UK should cost? 

Not £1000 to the Isle of Man that’s for sure it’s blatant profiteering if you believe that’s a fair cost then I am lost just look at any other comparable air fare within the U.K. I also don’t think £49 is right as it’s not a sustainable price . I would suggest a ticket price of £100- £150 return is more appropriate which is comparable with a lot of train fares in the U.K. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, IOM said:

I notice that Easyjet are charging over £1000 return from London to Isle of Man in June. I recognise that its TT but fares at this level for an airline that has 'book low cost cheap flights' as its internet banner is quite outrageous in my view and blatant profiteering

I believe that Easyjet use computer-generated prices. The prices start low, but as seats are booked the price goes up in line with an equation set by Easyjet. Book early and it's cheap. Book the very last seat on a flight and it is expensive.

Years ago prices in advance (it seems to me) were higher but the last seats were sold at a knock-down price at the last moment, as the assumption by the airlines was that the seat was unlikely to be sold so it was better to get a little money rather than none.

Things have changed.

Just now, snowman said:

Only a moron or a rich person would pay that much. If it's too expensive just take a different flight on the same date. There's 2 flights to pick from 

So why on earth do EasyJet price like that then ?  Of course hardly anyone will pay it and it’s symptomatic of a broader problem on the EasyJet London route that I have highlighted many times on this forum . I repeat I make my points to encourage people to see what is going on around them , sadly so many miss the obvious ! 

And to pick up on the previous posters point yes I can share my workings out take a look at any other fare anywhere else in the U.K. market into Europe for that matter you will not find air fare returns at this level and yet airlines are still flying ! I fully recognise it’s been difficult for airlines during the pandemic and will continue to be so going forward . That’s why offering people £49 air fares is wrong because they  become conditioned to think air fares should be at that level all the time . 

"Late passengers' to blame for missed Manchester flight, says airport":

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/late-passengers-to-blame-for-missed-manchester-flight-says-airport/

"However, in a statement issued to Manx Radio, a spokesman says unfortunately some passengers still arrived too late to allow enough time to get through security."

"Passengers have also been reminded to re-familiarise themselves with the requirements for flying to avoid delays in future."

From the airport website:

"Check-in times can vary depending on your type of flight, so please arrive with a sufficient amount of spare time to pass through check-in and security. Checking-in times can usually be found on your individual ticket or itinerary, or alternatively by contacting your airline directly."

There is no definition of the "sufficient time" required.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

They’ve been shut down for nearly two years. By governments. Anyone who thinks that that can continue to provide low cost flights during low demand is a moron. 

Please read my comments again because I fear you misunderstand. I am actually not advocating low cost flights personally I think we need a ticket price which is more sustainable hence my £100-£150 suggestion. And I am not the one putting out fares of £49 return on the internet that my friend is the action of EasyJet if it’s not sustainable and profitable they should stop !  What I don’t think is right is charging £1000 for a one hour flight to the Isle of Man that is just wrong . 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I’m sure you will. So what is your experience in setting supposedly fair prices in the post pandemic airline world? 

When I last looked this is a forum for sharing views and opinions and I have shared my view and my opinion . Unless I have missed something I do not need to answer to you . Happy flying ! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Please don't de rail this thread, I was enjoying its purpose in trashing our airport management , which they more than thoroughly deserve. In respect of pricing, the only thing I can say is that aviation is very expensive from an operational point of view. How it is now possible to make a profit on the volumes of traffic here and elsewhere goodness knows.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, asitis said:

How it is now possible to make a profit on the volumes of traffic here and elsewhere goodness knows.

By giving the number of flights that we now "enjoy"?

EasyJet have just uploaded their schedules until February 22, on an initial scan they appear to be providing morning and evening flights each weekday from April.  I will investigate further.