Airport.

Billy kettlefish

30 minutes ago, asitis said:

...... and part of the reasons Easy Jet don't pay much, if anything, in fees, their business model takes into account the amount airport shopping increases with the throughput of passengers from them. Of course here that can't apply !!

I doubt there is enough seating airside  for 2 Easyjet's worth of passengers to hang round for 2 hours.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

I can't easily find the guidance regarding queuing target times as it relates to UK airports (maybe it's classed as sensitive info?), but here is the same sort of thing for Dublin.

https://www.aviationreg.ie/quality-of-service-/security-queues.931.html

There was certainly a target time at Manchester and the airport were penalised if it wasn't met.

The financial penalty does not look very strong on that page.

It is a small airport with a small amount of traffic movements, 15 minutes should be the maximum you normally take to get through security. 

The impression I get going through is they seem to have a larger proportion of rejected bags compared to other airports which slows things down, why?.

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Yes you can. You might be in breach of your contract, but you can certainly resign at any time. Its unethical but not illegal. When it gets to that stage very few employers would bother making you stay under duress.

I didn't say it was illegal, just that you have to give notice or have it waived. 

3 hours ago, Gladys said:

What did he sub-out?

Kindly quoted earlier by R.Mexico from Hansard:

According to a House of Keys Answer in November 2020, we were paying a consultancy business something like £60,000 a year to advise Airport management on:

Regulation compliance and licensing; processes and policy; quality and continuous improvement; airport management; training certification and competency; operational procedures; and airport strategy and planning.

Does the Minister agree that these are all fundamental aspects of running an airport and that the new Director, when appointed, will be expected to manage these functions without relying on external consultants?

The Minister: I would expect that to be the case, Mr President, yes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

Kindly quoted earlier by R.Mexico from Hansard:

According to a House of Keys Answer in November 2020, we were paying a consultancy business something like £60,000 a year to advise Airport management on:

Regulation compliance and licensing; processes and policy; quality and continuous improvement; airport management; training certification and competency; operational procedures; and airport strategy and planning.

Does the Minister agree that these are all fundamental aspects of running an airport and that the new Director, when appointed, will be expected to manage these functions without relying on external consultants?

The Minister: I would expect that to be the case, Mr President, yes.

Hopefully the new appointee will know something about aviation, something sadly lacking in the last two incompetents !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, asitis said:

Hopefully the new appointee will know something about aviation, something sadly lacking in the last two incompetents !

Is there a possibility that with Ms Reynolds having already departed, Mr Spake was expected/requested to step up to the plate in the interim as might have been expected from his appointment - and opted for the ripcord instead?

Which could speak volumes for his appointer and the standard of HR operations and assessment within the Department and Section?

12 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Is there a possibility that with Ms Reynolds having already departed, Mr Spake was expected/requested to step up to the plate in the interim as might have been expected from his appointment

Logically, as he was a deputy (someone who does the job when the main person is away), he should have been able to do that until Reynolds was replaced. But it seems that he was either not thought competent or the gov. wanted to spend more money:

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/interim-airport-director-appointed/#:~:text=The Manx government has announced Paul Clarkson will,the airport is confirmed by the new administration.

2 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Logically, as he was a deputy (someone who does the job when the main person is away), he should have been able to do that until Reynolds was replaced. But it seems that he was either not thought competent or the gov. wanted to spend more money:

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/interim-airport-director-appointed/#:~:text=The Manx government has announced Paul Clarkson will,the airport is confirmed by the new administration.

Sadly now Mr Clarkson is long term sick I understand. The airport is rudderless LOL ! probably an improvement !

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

I didn't say it was illegal, just that you have to give notice or have it waived. 

That's the point. You can just leave. You don't need it to be waived as such. All you need is your employer to not bother. It would be very unusual for an employer to pursue such a claim and even less likely to be successful. 

Sort of a good riddance situation. 😁

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, asitis said:

Sadly now Mr Clarkson is long term sick I understand. The airport is rudderless LOL ! probably an improvement !

Yes, that is certainly sad from a personal point of view. But the "rudderless" comment is also true. In these circumstances I would have expected the gov. to send in a go-team, tiger-team, hit-squad, or whatever, to make sure things did not completely fall apart. At the very least, make sure staff did not issue insulting press statements....

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

That's the point. You can just leave. You don't need it to be waived as such. All you need is your employer to not bother. It would be very unusual for an employer to pursue such a claim and even less likely to be successful. 

Sort of a good riddance situation. 😁

I think we will have to agree to differ on a point of semantics.  The point is there is a contract and if he left without proper notice, he has breached it or do we rip up government contracts when they don't suit?  Apart from any claim  or counterclaim, there is of course the issue of references.  If he doesn't leave on agreed terms he has no say on the reference, but DOI would probably only give a confirmation of employment.

The fact remains, you can't leave immediately (in contract terms) unless you have in mind a constructive dismissal claim, or have agreed a waiver of the notice period, or you consider yourself bombproof.