Airport.

Billy kettlefish

23 minutes ago, Gladys said:

or you consider yourself bombproof

Get with the script Glad, the man is a media  megastar. He don't need no references (nor badges):

"Having first started his career as a Ground Services Manager, Jeremy has risen through the ranks of the aviation industry and is currently a "global troubleshooter" with 30 years of experience in the airline industry."

And now, the future,  BBC One welcomes him with open arms (if not chequebooks)...

• Haha 3

Just now, Two-lane said:

Get with the script Glad, the man is a media  megastar. He don't need no references (nor badges):

"Having first started his career as a Ground Services Manager, Jeremy has risen through the ranks of the aviation industry and is currently a "global troubleshooter" with 30 years of experience in the airline industry."

And now, the future,  BBC One welcomes him with open arms (if not chequebooks)...

Oh, I'm with the script, don't worry on that score.

Perhaps his definition of troubleshooter is diametrically opposed to everyone else's? Ie not one solving the trouble, but the one shooting it! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Oh, I'm with the script, don't worry on that score.

Perhaps his definition of troubleshooter is diametrically opposed to everyone else's? Ie not one solving the trouble, but the one shooting it! 

What  a sad state of affairs the DOI has become  we must be a laughing stock at the moment , some senior civil servants including the chief secretary   should be handing their heads in shame , failing to see this disaster  at the airport   and several others  coming , 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Omobono said:

What  a sad state of affairs the DOI has become  we must be a laughing stock at the moment , some senior civil servants including the chief secretary   should be handing their heads in shame , failing to see this disaster  at the airport   and several others  coming , 

This ...its mind blowing that people supposedly with authority and in charge have not opened their eyes , read their emails or just listened to the population. Most of them will have had a really good education but clearly its beyond there abilities or comprehension . And it would also seem that this current group of MHK's are equally as clueless and unable to address issues as the last ones.   

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

They aren’t clueless at all. But they are being sucked into group think for now being part of the club. There are quite a few really good people potentially being bamboozled by professional civil servants. As always. Their reality becomes your reality the more you share time with them. 

I hear what your saying and I agree with what you say. Although still say we needed a very strong CM to get a grip of Chief Secretary and the senior CS but he's looking weak . All very sad and the mistakes and waste of money over the last ten years is now going to bite us hard. Going to be lots of very unhappy and struggling people in this next year or more.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

I hear what your saying and I agree with what you say. Although still say we needed a very strong CM to get a grip of Chief Secretary and the senior CS but he's looking weak . All very sad and the mistakes and waste of money over the last ten years is now going to bite us hard. Going to be lots of very unhappy and struggling people in this next year or more.

Whilst the airport is in a right mess, most of the population are more concerned at the massive price rises coming shortly for gas & electricity plus petrol & knock on for food prices

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gladys said:

I think we will have to agree to differ on a point of semantics.  The point is there is a contract and if he left without proper notice, he has breached it or do we rip up government contracts when they don't suit?  Apart from any claim  or counterclaim, there is of course the issue of references.  If he doesn't leave on agreed terms he has no say on the reference, but DOI would probably only give a confirmation of employment.

The fact remains, you can't leave immediately (in contract terms) unless you have in mind a constructive dismissal claim, or have agreed a waiver of the notice period, or you consider yourself bombproof. 

Yes you can and you are confusing semantics with facts.