Youth Gone Wild in Onchan

13 hours ago, Kopek said:

Once they are old enough to be out and about with their friends, I don't think that we do know what our kids are up to ALL the time?

My Daughter was an Angel but my Son , earlt teens, was brought home by the Police after saving a friend sliding down the Port Jack cliffs. Getting drunk and falling into Laxey river, befriending a troubled kid at Primary school to try to integrate him and getting strangled by him!!! Call to the school to explain and separate them.!!!

So, not always able to track their every move.

For a humorous view that Kids don't always understand the consequences of their actions....

UTube Bob Mortimer, ''Theft and Shrubbery''. Shows the difference in Kids and Adult thinking?

Youngsters do things in groups they wouldn't think of doing on their own.

Thanks for being realistic.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Lilly said:

That's someone's private home, if someone came around my property shining a torch through my windows l wouldn't be happy.  

I worked in sheltered housing a few years ago and this type antisocial behaviour is unacceptable. 

I think you may state the obvious above without any thought of the effect this type of behaviour has on residents. 

Oh I realise that, by their very nature, fears are usually irrational (and people sometimes don't worry about things they should).  But pointing out that it's irrational is part of dealing with it and reassuring those being pestered that it's just some stupid kids trying to get a rise out of them, rather than someone casing the joint should be done as well as dealing with the kids for being so insensitive.

How do you know it is some stupid kid getting a rise out someone who perhaps has a good reason to be cautious there are a lot of weird people about.   In the day the Police and to some extent the public knew who the bad apples were now we have no idea it is past time we knew who was coming to our Island.    Just this week a person who had committed a crime was said to have come to he Island for a new start well that worked out well and it is not the first time I have seen this comment.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Oh I realise that, by their very nature, fears are usually irrational (and people sometimes don't worry about things they should).  But pointing out that it's irrational is part of dealing with it and reassuring those being pestered that it's just some stupid kids trying to get a rise out of them, rather than someone casing the joint should be done as well as dealing with the kids for being so insensitive.

To be fearful of someone shining a torch into your front room is pretty rational  in my book. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

How do you know it is some stupid kid getting a rise out someone who perhaps has a good reason to be cautious there are a lot of weird people about.   In the day the Police and to some extent the public knew who the bad apples were now we have no idea it is past time we knew who was coming to our Island.    Just this week a person who had committed a crime was said to have come to he Island for a new start well that worked out well and it is not the first time I have seen this comment.

Criminal toddlers arriving in droves, all with torches.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Passing Time said:

Boot camp would be the best solution by far. Pretty sure there are enough ex military personal living here on the island that would relish that job

Boot camp style education doesn't work either now. The little scrotes know that you can't make them do anything or lay so much as a finger on them. The slightest contact is assault and the coppers are there in minutes. I've seen ex military and retired police last only a few weeks in Island schools before jacking it in. 

2 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Boot camp style education doesn't work either now. The little scrotes know that you can't make them do anything or lay so much as a finger on them. The slightest contact is assault and the coppers are there in minutes. I've seen ex military and retired police last only a few weeks in Island schools before jacking it in. 

Amend the law then or better still go back to old school methods. There are plenty of other ways to inflict pain without leaving a mark 😉

• Sad 1

I mean, the people in charge of everything right now were the last generation to be regularly beaten in school and they clearly all turned out alright. All any naughty 12 year old needs is a good dose of discipline and they'll be a leader of industry in no time.