Youth Gone Wild in Onchan

1 minute ago, 2112 said:

I believe that the Police were involved and some apprehended and spoken to. 

...you mean the police did it ?? Why am I not surprised. Dodgy.

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Holte End said:

I wouldn't say anything about burning leafs or bushes on here,

as the paranoid androids get worked up, If you point out it is a crime.

What crime is being committed if I burn leaves or bushes on my own land in a controlled manner?

19 hours ago, trmpton said:

What crime is being committed if I burn leaves or bushes on my own land in a controlled manner?

It is the strong smell from the smoke that gives it away.

Doing in a controlled manner on your own land doesn't help if the bizzies are down wind.

26 minutes ago, Holte End said:

It is the strong smell from the smoke that gives it away.

Doing in a controlled manner on your own land doesn't help if the bizzies are down wind.

Why would the bizzies be remotely interested in me having a fire on my own land?  I don't get it

To get back to the Quirkio and the terrible (but unspecified) way he offended his fellow Commissioners, I missed a piece last week that covered it, though it difficult to see what he said that was so dreadful.  As the paper rather snippily  reports:  In fact, the articles that appeared in the media did include a comment from Onchan Commissioners’ chairman Derek Crellin - and in any event, reporters are quite entitled to contact elected local politicians directly.  All the article reports is that:

Mr Quirk told reporters that more needs to be done to clamp down on these incidents.

He said he felt there needs to be more bobbies on the beat to discourage anti-social behaviour, saying: ’I can’t remember the last time I saw a police officer in Onchan.’

He added: ’The Commissioners offices are not used at night and it’s a thing now that people like to hot desk.

’That would’ve been an opportunity for police to have a base in Onchan, and for them to wander round to meet different parts of the community; whether that’s the younger or elder part of the community - just to give us some comfort all the time.’

Which the same old nonsense that parish councillors (or equivalent) have been coming up with since the invention of the bicycle.  And possibly the domestication of the horse.  Though on reflection you can see why Onchan Commissioners might be a bit worried about the Police having the opportunity to look through their files after hours.

I was at a public meeting in Onchan arranged by Julie Edge MHK  1st October 2019. All this was discussed at the meeting which was attended by the said David Quirk, it was quite clear that  Edge, Derek and the commissioners had been in discussions with the police about better policing and a police base at Onchan, but this was before Covid effects on the island. So all Quirky is doing rehashing what was already going to happen if covid hadn't happened and probably will happenafter we return to normality. Quirky must think people are stupid if he thinks they will believe it is down to him because he says this on the Radio.

Edited by Holte End

4 hours ago, finlo said:

The daily dose of Quirky on MR must be a sign he's hoping to hop back on the gravy train come e!ection time.

A daily dose of Quirky on the radio should be the default punishment for these vandals. It would be like The Clockwork Orange, in that I doubt you’d see much re-offending if you chained them up and made them sit through his entire Mannin Line back Catalogue on a constant loop for a few days. 

• Haha 1