Youth Gone Wild in Onchan

9 hours ago, Mr Roboto said:

A daily dose of Quirky on the radio should be the default punishment for these vandals. It would be like The Clockwork Orange, in that I doubt you’d see much re-offending if you chained them up and made them sit through his entire Mannin Line back Catalogue on a constant loop for a few days. 

Or the Stu Peters evening show. Ten minutes of listening that bigoted idiot would set anyone on the straight and narrow if for no other reason than never having to listen to it again.

On 5/2/2021 at 6:04 AM, Chie said:

Or the Stu Peters evening show. Ten minutes of listening that bigoted idiot would set anyone on the straight and narrow if for no other reason than never having to listen to it again.

Stu Lives Matter

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...

The inquest into the death of an Onchan Pensioner found that Stress played a significant part at her death, reported the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece today. Onchan Yourhs were throwing pears, and she phoned phoned the police 3 times within 12 minutes. I would perhaps ask what the police were doing, did they investigate the alleged criminality? Would they have taken action against a Youth for antisocial behaviour or really go to town on action, if that youth had a small amount of ‘weed’? I would say that ‘weed’ arrest would look good on the arrest figures, whilst antisocial behaviour really isn’t a priority. Perhaps I’m wrong?

A sad case and in a way a sad reflection of Onchan Village Life, Youths with zero facilities and lack of entertainment, so take to winding up residents. Perhaps the wannabe MHKs and Prima Donnas Defending and seeking re-election, should read and instead of grandstanding and playing to the Unions, perhaps they could look at the issue of Anti Social Behaviour. 

• Like 3

The silence from the People’s Prince and Julie Edge is positively deafening. Seriously a few words from them would have been appropriate and shown compassion. Would it have even been given a mention in his weekly blog. Julie Edge mean is only concerned with Julie Edge and sloganism. As someone supposedly to have worked within an education background, she may have an understanding of some of the issues, and. could have adopted views accordingly. I don’t think the Commissioners have covered themselves with glory, most are concerned with power battles. 

Quirkio has many faults but at least he has made an effort trying to engage with the local youths, via Onchan Youth Football. 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, 2112 said:

The silence from the People’s Prince and Julie Edge is positively deafening. Seriously a few words from them would have been appropriate and shown compassion. Would it have even been given a mention in his weekly blog. Julie Edge mean is only concerned with Julie Edge and sloganism. As someone supposedly to have worked within an education background, she may have an understanding of some of the issues, and. could have adopted views accordingly. I don’t think the Commissioners have covered themselves with glory, most are concerned with power battles. 

Quirkio has many faults but at least he has made an effort trying to engage with the local youths, via Onchan Youth Football. 

Julie Edge organized two public meetings between the police and Onchan public not once but twice. Did David Quirk ever do this as an MHK. I attended the last meeting and found Mr Quirk nothing but ridiculous and old hat in his attitude, pointing and arm waving, accusing the police of not looking into discarded beer bottles and a receipt which he had given them, which in his words "they could have found whom had bought the said drink and where from, to lead to a prosecution". Not only that he was very aggressive in his attitude to the police. The two police officers were very professional and didn't respond towards his appalling behaviour. I wonder if he thought a very expensive and time consuming police investigation on a beer bottle and receipt would do.

Edited by Holte End
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Holte End said:

Julie Edge organized two public meetings between the police and Onchan public not once but twice. Did David Quirk ever do this as an MHK. I attended the last meeting and found Mr Quirk nothing but ridiculous and old hat in his attitude, pointing and arm waving, accusing the police of not looking into discarded beer bottles and a receipt which he had given them, which in his words "they could have found whom had bought the said drink and where from, to lead to a prosecution". Not only that he was very aggressive in his attitude to the police. The two police officers were very professional and didn't respond towards his appalling behaviour. I wonder if he thought a very expensive and time consuming police investigation om abeer bottle and receipt would do.

He is a caricature of a granny farming, populist, bandwagoning politician. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Quirky knows his level and sticks to it. Shocking and upsetting reading; the poor woman, like many others, died of life and not the medical conclusion of some expert. It only took Manx Radio two and a half weeks to report the outcome of the inquest. Whose decision was that ? Anyway, pronouncements have been made, nothing will happen, and once everything goes quiet it'll all start again, with the next lot of yobbos who realise that authority is powerless and only there to protect them.

• Like 2