Manx Taxpayer's Alliance

Chef Raekwon

1 hour ago, Sheldon said:

Did anyone ever suss out yet whether this grand "Alliance" has any other members besides Josem?

Alliance questions whether roads study was 'value for money'

If I wanted to have my ears insulted by an Aussie reprobate spouting populist garbage, I'd watch old re-runs of Joe Mangel in "Neighbours".

It's interesting how by creating an "Alliance" he now is on the radio talking about his FOI's compared to just "Michael Josem"

or am I overthinking that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sheldon said:

Did anyone ever suss out yet whether this grand "Alliance" has any other members besides Josem?

Alliance questions whether roads study was 'value for money'

If I wanted to have my ears insulted by an Aussie reprobate spouting populist garbage, I'd watch old re-runs of Joe Mangel in "Neighbours".

There are arguments as to whether this annual study is relevant enough and it's certainly true that press and politicians don't delve deep enough into the results to produce the right criticisms.  But to start whinging about spending £12k on what is effectively outside, independent monitoring of a Department and not about that Department being prepared to spend thousands of times that on pointless projects shows at least a lack of grasp of reality.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

It's interesting how by creating an "Alliance" he now is on the radio talking about his FOI's compared to just "Michael Josem"

No you're not overthinking. I'm a manx taxpayer not in alliance with him.

If he hasn't got the guts to stand for election what right does he have for airtime and column space above the rest of us?

He's just the equivalent of some bloke on a soapbox in the street shouting his own odds.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

He seemed to have little problem getting himself invited on as a rent-a-gob as himself tbf.  

I recall a few MR bits where I was wondering wtf he was doing there with that platform.

1 minute ago, Chef Raekwon said:

He seemed to have little problem getting himself invited on as a rent-a-gob as himself tbf.  

I recall a few MR bits where I was wondering wtf he was doing there with that platform.

I seem to remember he lives on Douglas Head somewhere.  Presumably he's the Bloke Who Can Be Here in Five Minutes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Albert Tatlock said:

That's my point...he's specifically said MTA are not putting fwd candidates for the GE.

Which way would you bet on  the likelihood of him standing again in his personal capacity now? Or perhaps following an inevitable split within the massed ranks of the MTA.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Chef Raekwon said:

wasn't he chairman of LibVan then? or was that before that

37 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

That's my point...he's specifically said MTA are not putting fwd candidates for the GE.

I don’t think that’s right. I think this is a lobbying organisation, not affiliated to any political party. But Josem is still part of Lib Van - so will probably stand  on that ticket in the GE.