Manx Taxpayer's Alliance

Chef Raekwon

I blame the media up to a point. Always willing to give airtime/column inches to self  opinionated hot air merchants  - Josem, Heading, etc. They should be told ‘Fuck off, you’re tedious/uninteresting/mad as a hatter’ or whatever. 

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Max Power said:

It's funny that we chunder on endlessly about government waste and incompetence on here, but the minute someone takes it into the mainstream they are ripped apart, by us?

If it was anyone else but him there might be support. Because of his extreme politics and piss poor political choices, he rather undermines his own credibility.

Ask yourself, would you buy a used car from this man?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

It's funny that we chunder on endlessly about government waste and incompetence on here, but the minute someone takes it into the mainstream they are ripped apart, by us?

Because the targets he chooses are minor or even not wasteful at all, when they should be the major ones if he was really concerned about the government wasting money. 

At best it's the sort of penny-wise, pound-foolish thinking that too many politicians and civil servants already practice.  At worst it's just the "All government is bad except when it's giving money to rich people" propaganda that gets pumped out endlessly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

Very good point.

And John I don’t think you can pick and choose like that. Yep the guy appears to be an idiot but look at how many idiots on here also chunder on about alleged government incompetence. 

Even idiots are entitled to a voice!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Uhtred said:

I blame the media up to a point. Always willing to give airtime/column inches to self  opinionated hot air merchants  - Josem, Heading, etc. They should be told ‘Fuck off, you’re tedious/uninteresting/mad as a hatter’ or whatever. 

I have some sympathy for them, they need to find people willing to give them content and there's a limited pool of options

It's been a surprise of mine as to how many people who find themselves in public positions but have no desire to speak publicly to media organisations

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Uhtred said:

You missed Phil Gawne and David Quirk :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rhumsaa said:

I have some sympathy for them, they need to find people willing to give them content and there's a limited pool of options

It's been a surprise of mine as to how many people who find themselves in public positions but have no desire to speak publicly to media organisations

Or possibly inability.

2 hours ago, Uhtred said:

Or possibly inability.

Yes but if that is the case...

is it better to know you can't do it but do it anyway, know you can't do it and avoid it or be blissfully unaware of your inability?

On 4/14/2021 at 8:29 PM, Rhumsaa said:

Josem doesn’t need people to give him content. His head is already full of enough rubbish that it just spills out.