Prince Phillip has died

Max Power

20 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

I would imagine in normal times he would have had a big state funeral. I wonder how they will play it now? Very sad for the family and a loss to the nation.

Something tells me that he wouldn't have liked a state funeral.... wouldn't be surprised if it's just a quiet family affair with some sort of memorial later in the year. 

1 hour ago, Beelzebub3 said:

I was looking forward to a mannin line without wint, after listening to the songs on manx radio I have decided it best if I turn off, although deepy sorry for the loss to the Royal family there is only so much morbid music one can listen to.

Me too, I was looking forward to a Wint-free day.

• Like 2

can someone PM me when we are allowed to start putting jokes in please,  the tinder pic is excellent but i don't want to start offending the snowflakes on here and those that have had a sense of humour bypass and get banned again.  

Edited by Pipsqueak

This is the Isle of Man...a crown dependency...not the UK, so I don't see this as important to us compared to the UK. So why the hell are Manx Radio just covering this only one item in the news? Probably because the station is now run by English people. It's like forced mourning by Russian TV and Radio.

• Like 1

I feel for Queen Elizabeth, the woman, as I know what it's like to lose the love of one's life. All the documentaries I've seen about the two of them suggest she loved him very much, and he was her best friend and her rock. 

As for Elizabeth the Queen, eh, she's got plenty with which to comfort herself and won't be worrying about her future financial security or roof over her head.   

Whatever, I don't really need to hear about it ad nauseam for the next fortnight.  

I do wonder though, will she finally retire and give Charlie a go at wearing the crown?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

This is the Isle of Man...a crown dependency...not the UK, so I don't see this as important to us compared to the UK. So why the hell are Manx Radio just covering this only one item in the news? Probably because the station is now run by English people. It's like forced mourning by Russian TV and Radio.

'Cos his Missus owns the place or something like that?

The BBC coverage is awful, why inflict it on all channels?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GD4ELI said:

'Cos his Missus owns the place or something like that?

The BBC coverage is awful, why inflict it on all channels?

Every BBC Radio channel is in mourning. Wall to Wall coverage of Royal Correspondents, Authors, Flunkies and Experts.

Still HRH The Chief Minister and Ashie will be positively delighted, as they can push through bad news or float new ideas, with little publicity. It’s a good day to bury bad news. Sorry to sound cynical. 

• Like 1

I suppose it is fair to say that most people have never experienced the death of a monarch or a ruling monarch's spouse, as the last such event was in 1952.

This is someone who has been fulfilling a very long life of public service, again, longer than most people have been alive. 

Yes, the media are probably over-reacting by quite a large margin, and BBC, for instance, should not be showing wall to wall obituaries on both channels simultaneously.

Be prepared for something similar in just over a week's time when we have the funeral.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2