Prince Phillip has died

Max Power

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

The worst thing about this plethora of tat that appears every time a royal is born/gets married/pops a sprog/dies is that there must be people who buy it.  And they live amongst us. That’s the scary part. 

And I will now have this crap popping up everywhere, because I clicked on an image to see the crime against hilarity in better detail. 

Typo above, but I thought it was worth keeping. 

On 4/13/2021 at 7:44 PM, TheTeapot said:

"The Duke of Edinburgh was always my third favourite royal behind Prince William and the Queen"

This is the sort of thing an eight year old might write, when not busy sorting his Pokémon cards.

Arguably the worst part is the use of "always". What about before Prince William was born? Did Philip scale the lofty heights of second favourite then? Or did Princess Di and the Queen Mum (Gawd bless 'em) push the poor old Duke into fourth place at that point?

Hopefully Rob will clarify in his next round of pointless ramblings. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 4/13/2021 at 7:44 PM, TheTeapot said:

"The Duke of Edinburgh was always my third favourite royal behind Prince William and the Queen"

I honestly thought that you and @Declan were joking. But have just spent some time reading his blog. Bloody hell.

It's crazy him getting a full time salary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

I quoted it without comment as I thought it spoke for itself. The man is dumb as shit. Sort it out Onchan.

If all of Onchan took an IQ test he’d be in the top level. Therein lies the problem. There doesn’t seem to be a stupider voter group in the whole IOM. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Roxanne said:

He's always very smartly dressed and clean.

(This was part of a school report written in 1987 about a child whose teacher struggled to find anything more positive to say. He wasn't the worst by a long way. Another child had 'He always eats a good lunch' on his report.

Nuff said.

He attended between x and y. He was popular with his friends.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, wrighty said:

The worst thing about this plethora of tat that appears every time a royal is born/gets married/pops a sprog/dies is that there must be people who buy it.  And they live amongst us. That’s the scary part. 

I feel the same way about the people who buy the ‘Manx Independent’.