Palestine should receive IoM aid

Steve Kelly

5 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Both sides are governed/lead by polar extremes and whilst there's interference from third countries stoking the fire there will be no real hope of lasting peace.

Those two "sides" being a nuclear superpower who receives 4billion a year in aid from the US, and a stateless territory with no army, no air force and no navy.

I mentioned it in the other thread, but if someone booted me out of my home and oppressed me for half a dozen decades I would be quite annoyed too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Those two "sides" being a nuclear superpower who receives 4billion a year in aid from the US, and a stateless territory with no army, no air force and no navy.

I mentioned it in the other thread, but if someone booted me out of my home and oppressed me for half a dozen decades I would be quite annoyed too.

Both sides. Olmert & Abbas came very close to agreeing a possible workable solution but then a third country decided to poke the fire again because it didn't suit their agenda. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andy Onchan said:

Both sides. Olmert & Abbas came very close to agreeing a possible workable solution but then a third country decided to poke the fire again because it didn't suit their agenda. 

I think Netanyahu is a bigger problem than third parties at the moment. Still, his party's percentage of the vote is down again, so hopefully he's gone next time.

• Like 1

This whole thing can be easily solved really quickly -  no military assistance from anyone to either side, Israel and only Israel has to take in all of the refugees it creates/displaces and pay for everything.

11 hours ago, HeliX said:

Nothing to do with Israel tear-gassing Palestinians in a Mosque at the end of Eid?

bKIvQNM.jpg

That article conveniently leaves out the facts, as do you. Where did you find it, it looks like a Hamas publication? The first casualty in any conflict is the truth.

I'm not taking any sides in this as I have a lot of sympathy for the Palestinians and the way they have been treated. Civilians on both sides have the right to live in peace without fear.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_in_the_Israeli–Palestinian_conflict

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

That article conveniently leaves out the facts, as do you. Where did you find it, it looks like a Hamas publication? The first casualty in any conflict is the truth.

I'm not taking any sides in this as I have a lot of sympathy for the Palestinians and the way they have been treated. Civilians on both sides have the right to live in peace without fear.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_in_the_Israeli–Palestinian_conflict

Suggesting I'm leaving out the facts and then linking a Wiki page that doesn't mention the court ruling, the gathering ban nor the Israeli attacks on the Al Aqsa Mosque...

It's pretty important to take sides when one side is a nuclear superpower committing genocide, and the other side is mostly made up of oppressed civilians.

s2zm9u2zblz61.png

20210516_122541.jpg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Suggesting I'm leaving out the facts and then linking a Wiki page that doesn't mention the court ruling, the gathering ban nor the Israeli attacks on the Al Aqsa Mosque...

It's pretty important to take sides when one side is a nuclear superpower committing genocide, and the other side is mostly made up of oppressed civilians.

s2zm9u2zblz61.png

20210516_122541.jpg

And of course you can understand Israel's desire to be able to defend itself against anyone? Hamas is holding back the peace process, as is Netanyahu, all for purely ideological reasons with no thought to the humanitarian issues. It's hard to take sides in these circumstances, there are serious wrongs on both sides.   

This is probably a better link for info, unless you know any better ones?

https://news.sky.com/story/israel-gaza-conflict-what-is-happening-and-who-is-involved-12304535

Edited by Max Power

12 minutes ago, Max Power said:

And of course you can understand Israel's desire to be able to defend itself against anyone? Hamas is holding back the peace process, as is Netanyahu, all for purely ideological reasons with no thought to the humanitarian issues. It's hard to take sides in these circumstances, there are serious wrongs on both sides.   

https://news.sky.com/story/israel-gaza-conflict-what-is-happening-and-who-is-involved-12304535

Netanyahu is agitating all this for electoral reasons & to avoid corruption prosecution

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Israel's definition of "defense" is suspect at best.

E1ENPZuVcAAGkN4?format=jpg&name=small

You cannot hold a stateless territory to the same standard as a nuclear superpower. But even if you could, there's still a massive disparity of scale of wrongs.

20210516_122149.jpg

These raw statistics don't come close to addressing or communicating the scale of the oppression of the Palestinian people over the last 70 years by various Israeli governments.

Re: Sky News, they decided to run with "Palestinian throws rocks at Israeli soldier" yesterday.

rh915oyc8vy61.png

2 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Israel's definition of "defense" is suspect at best.

E1ENPZuVcAAGkN4?format=jpg&name=small

You cannot hold a stateless territory to the same standard as a nuclear superpower. But even if you could, there's still a massive disparity of scale of wrongs.

20210516_122149.jpg

These raw statistics don't come close to addressing or communicating the scale of the oppression of the Palestinian people over the last 70 years by various Israeli governments.

Re: Sky News, they decided to run with "Palestinian throws rocks at Israeli soldier" yesterday.

rh915oyc8vy61.png

I don't know why you're arguing, I agree with you! But what is Hamas doing attacking Israel in the first place? It is purely to get them to retaliate and kill as many Palestinians as possible! Then they could hopefully get an Islamic force together to push Israel into the sea. The fact that this hasn't happened, justifies to Israel its nuclear and military strategy. I'm sure that if Israel were a weak and conventional country, it would have been wiped away by now. 

I don't like what's happening out there any more than anyone, as I see it the only solution is by peaceful negotiation.

You can attempt to criticise Wiki and Sky as much as you like, at least they attempt to be balanced, but you may as well post a copy of 'Der Sturmer' as the articles above!

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

I don't know why you're arguing, I agree with you! But what is Hamas doing attacking Israel in the first place? It is purely to get them to retaliate and kill as many Palestinians as possible! Then they could hopefully get an Islamic force together to push Israel into the sea. The fact that this hasn't happened, justifies to Israel its nuclear and military strategy. I'm sure that if Israel were a weak and conventional country, it would have been wiped away by now. 

I don't like what's happening out there any more than anyone, as I see it the only solution is by peaceful negotiation.

You can attempt to criticise Wiki and Sky as much as you like, at least they attempt to be balanced, but you may as well post a copy of 'Der Sturmer' as the articles above!

Wiki and Sky attempt to be balanced? Jesus.

We don't agree, because you still see this as a conflict where both sides deserve equal telling-off. It's not, it's a genocide.

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor" - Desmond Tutu.

Here's comments from an American who spent a month in the West Bank. This stuff doesn't get reported. Israel gets away, literally, with murder in the international community.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Max Power said:

So, what is your answer @HeliX? Nuke Israel, or peaceful negotiation? 

There are innocent people on both sides, trying to live their lives. 

International condemnation and some sanctions would be a sensible place to start. But virtually none of the Western world will stand up to Israel so here we are.

EDIT: If you meant more broadly, Palestine should be a recognised and protected state. It's a bit late to put the genie back in the bottle on Israel though.

Edited by HeliX
  • Like 2