Middle

I wish Stu well and hope he wins a seat in Middle. He'd get my vote if it was my constituency. I have to say though that I hope he wouldn't abandon his voters like his listeners on Manx Radio last night. I supported him last year and have been a fairly regular listener and occasional contributor to his Late Show. It came as a bit of a bombshell this morning to find that he'd resigned on air last night without any indication or notice. So that's that then ? 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I wish Stu well and hope he wins a seat in Middle. He'd get my vote if it was my constituency. I have to say though that I hope he wouldn't abandon his voters like his listeners on Manx Radio last night. I supported him last year and have been a fairly regular listener and occasional contributor to his Late Show. It came as a bit of a bombshell this morning to find that he'd resigned on air last night without any indication or notice. So that's that then ? 

Isn’t it the rule? Can’t have a candidate promoting himself on his own show, either directly or indirectly, or if not being accused of it. Sounds like an honourable resignation. Matt Hancock take note. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the positive comments.

I've decided as policy not to become entangled in a flame war on FB or MF or post lengthy manifesto points. I know I polarise opinion (that's what I was employed to do both on radio and in my weekly newspaper column) but let me be absolutely clear, I'm neither racist nor homophobic or any other '-ist'.

If anyone (including the usual suspects like Helix) wants to sit down with me over a coffee I'll do my best to convince you of that, whether you're a Middle voter or not. Genuine offer from a genuine bloke.

19 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

Thanks for all the positive comments.

I've decided as policy not to become entangled in a flame war on FB or MF or post lengthy manifesto points. I know I polarise opinion (that's what I was employed to do both on radio and in my weekly newspaper column) but let me be absolutely clear, I'm neither racist nor homophobic or any other '-ist'.

If anyone (including the usual suspects like Helix) wants to sit down with me over a coffee I'll do my best to convince you of that, whether you're a Middle voter or not. Genuine offer from a genuine bloke.

I hadn't even started a post yet! Appreciate the recognition, mind.

I'm not a middle voter, but probably would enjoy a chat. I would spend the entire time talking to you at length about how the world is biased against women and minorities, and how trans rights don't remove anyone else's rights though. And that the cause of most problems is unmitigated capitalism. So maybe you wouldn't enjoy it as much.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stu Peters said:

..sit down with me over a coffee…Genuine offer from a genuine bloke.

The love child of Margaret Thatcher with Derek Flint, for the offer of a cuppa. With huge parts of Orban and Trump thrown in.

“Taking back the Middle” is just as much populist twaddle as “Taking back Control” and “Make America Great Again”.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

Isn’t it the rule? Can’t have a candidate promoting himself on his own show, either directly or indirectly, or if not being accused of it. Sounds like an honourable resignation. Matt Hancock take note. 

Hancock gone! 18.28

Can't see this guy constructively joining in or taking responsibility for government decisions. He'll want to be able to stand aside and criticise. Would love to be proved wrong. Please remind me of this in 5 years.

Edited by pongo
  • Like 1