Middle

1 hour ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Hancock must have seen Wrighty's post.

It's because Ashford called him his 'counterpart' the other day. Couldn't live with that comparison any more. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Stu Peters is standing now.   All is good in the world:thumbsup:

Would be  a nice double dip for Del Boy though heading into retirement :w00t:

Can he stand if he doesn't live here?  Or is he proposing to commute or move back 

34 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Can he stand if he doesn't live here?  Or is he proposing to commute or move back 

Well some of Manx Care and DHSC don’t live here but they seemed to do the job. I don’t know whether the Aiport and Ports Director lived here, contrary to rumours that she lived off island and commuted. Though I could be wrong. 

I would vote for Flint, and Stu Peters. Straight down the Middle!

Edited by 2112

5 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Well some of Manx Care and DHSC don’t live here but they seemed to do the job. I don’t know whether the Aiport and Ports Director lived here, contrary to rumours that she lived off island and commuted. Though I could be wrong. 

Think you’ll find it was DoO/Deputy Airport Director Jezza, 

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

I would vote for Flint, and Stu Peters. Straight down the Middle!

Not quite the same as an elected person. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gladys said:

I believe you have to be on the electoral roll on the IOM but you don't have to live in the constituency you stand in

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

I believe you have to be on the electoral roll on the IOM but you don't have to live in the constituency you stand in

Thanks, a much more accurate assessment.  That is democracy - you have to be a voter to stand.  

1 hour ago, Rhumsaa said:

Candidates should live in the constituency. Robertshaw represents Douglas East and lives in Crosby. Whereas David Christian Douglas Corporation leader I believe (unless otherwise) lives in Union Mills. Some other MHKs don’t live within their constituency that they represent. 

Edited by 2112