Middle

22 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

No, it would be provided by an advanced training organisation set up to reflect best practice within the cops, ADIs, the IAM etc. Surprised your pedometer didn't pick that up.

Im sure people will be queueing up to do that. Its available now and no-one gives a fuck. And if your answer is that only people who take it will be able to drive fast isnt that Nanny for everyone else? You're talking pub bore shit, not politics.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ian rush said:

Im sure people will be queueing up to do that. Its available now and no-one gives a fuck. And if your answer is that only people who take it will be able to drive fast isnt that Nanny for everyone else? You're talking pub bore shit, not politics.

The IAM does good work on the Island and has a regular thoroughput of riders and drivers - but as you say that's entirely voluntary. It certainly doesn't deserve the disdain of people like you and pongo. Why would you be so dismissive of a route to better driving skills I wonder? Are you a MAMIL?

I've long believed that graduated licences would be a good idea, and it's a system that works perfectly in aviation. Basic licence post-test allows you to drive a modest car in daylight and good weather, extra 'ratings' allow faster cars and raised limits. Mandatory remedial training for people convicted of motoring offences. Huge fines, crushed cars and remedial training for anyone abusing the system, or driving without licence, tax or insurance.

Why? Because it's too difficult a concept for you?

Graduated licences would be cherished and sought after by many, a route to continuous improvement, be self-funding, create worthwhile jobs and save lives. So no, I'm not the one who's lost the plot.

5 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

I'm not the one who's lost the plot

First time I have ever agreed with Mr Peters.

To lose something, you have to have had it on the first place.

Stu. Don’t waste any more brain or keyboard time on the stupid suggestion of graduates licenses.

Never going to happen.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kipper99 said:

Given that we're now being forced to enjoy being part of a multicultural global society, it probably makes more sense than learning about random arrows, 1066 and all that. Maybe fewer kids will tell incomers about that 'boat in the morning' when they grow up, so its a thumbs up from me - sorry!

• Confused 1

Sorry I don't conform to your liberal ideals by celebrating multiculturalism as an unqualified and unquestionable success. For the avoidance of doubt I'm all for inclusion and equality for all, but reserve the diminishing right to question some of the more extreme results of nu-think which have led to some unfortunate unintended consequences.

17 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

Sorry I don't conform to your liberal ideals by celebrating multiculturalism as an unqualified and unquestionable success. For the avoidance of doubt I'm all for inclusion and equality for all, but reserve the diminishing right to question some of the more extreme results of nu-think which have led to some unfortunate unintended consequences.

nigel-farage-approves.jpg

22 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

To be clear - I think you are a whopper.

But seriously don’t do this to yourself. If these last few posts get out beyond the world of Manxforums you are screwed.

Please don’t make it any worse.

The very worst candidates (and in this case those most likely to win) say to people what they think they want to hear. It's utterly crass.

Howard Quayle was spot on about the poor quality of some of the candidates standing in Middle.

Edited by pongo
  • Like 2